The chartered vessel, MT Kristin, had 17 crew on board and was carrying 5,900 kilolitres of fuel when the fire started at 2:50 p.m. local time (0650 GMT) on Sunday.
Pertamina said so far no oil spills had been detected after the fire, though a 300 metre (984.25 ft) oil boom had been set up around the ship. The vessel was being towed to the nearest safe port, Pertamina’s shipping unit said on Monday.
The state oil company said there were sufficient fuel stocks at the Ampenan terminal on Lombok and the Sanggaran terminal on Bali to secure supplies on the popular tourism destinations, while fuel supplies from other areas were also being diverted.
- At least 20 dead, 165 injured after tsunami in Indonesia, officials say
- The Latest: Police say driver killed by falling tree
- Reno police say woman killed in deadly DUI crash
- Oil tanker explosion in Hong Kong kills 1 crew member
- Cyprus: Empty oil tanker catches fire; 5 crew rescued
- Indonesia Says Avoid Coast Near Volcano, Fearing New Tsunami
- At Least 168 Dead After Tsunami Sweeps Indonesia Beach
- Indonesia says 168 people killed in tsunami: media
- Tsunami leaves 20 dead in Indonesia after volcano eruption
- Indonesia Tsunami Latest Update: 429 Confirmed Dead as Locals Try to Celebrate Christmas Amid Devastation
- Indonesia raises danger level for volcano that triggered deadly tsunami
- Driver killed in tractor-trailer crash in Fall River identified as 67-year-old John Silva
- Lion Air plane crash: Cockpit voice recorder of doomed jet found, official says
- Lion Air plane crash: Cockpit voice recorder of doomed jet found, officials say
- Indonesia floods_ landslides death toll climbs to 59
- Boeing being sued after Lion Air crash killed 189 people
- Indonesian Migrant Workers Remain Vulnerable, Activists Say
- Two Russian Citizens Killed in U.S.-Led Airstrikes in Syria, Rights Group Says
- New Zealand crews to re-enter mine 8 years after 29 killed
- Indonesian Investigators Say Lion Air Plane That Crashed Was Indeed 'Airworthy'
Indonesia's Pertamina says two crew killed after fire on tanker have 289 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 28, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.