According to the Hanoi Centre for Disease Control, children at nursery accounted for 36.5 percent of cases and primary school children 38 percent respectively.
The disease has hit 18 among 30 local districts with Chuong My hardest hit with 230 patients, followed by Me Linh, Ba Vi, Nam Tu Liem and My Duc. But the city has seen no deaths related to chickenpox so far this year.
More schools in Chuong My District have recorded cases of chickenpox, including Phu Nghia Nursery School and Van Vo Primary School.
Chuong My District's authorities have asked local communes to spray disinfectant and instructed teachers and parents on disease prevention and patient care.
The Hanoi Preventive Medicine Department said that chickenpox is an acute and highly contagious disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus transmitted from person to person by directly touching the blisters, saliva or mucus of an infected person.
The disease has the symptoms of fever, fatigue, headache, body aches, runny nose and sore throat within five days before the rash of red, itchy spots that turn into fluid-filled blisters.
The disease lasts between 7-10 days.
Since the beginning of the year, Hanoi has had 172 dengue fever cases and 151 hand, foot and mouth disease patients.
The Hanoi Centre for Disease Control forecasted that infectious diseases such as flu, whooping cough, measles and adenovirus virus could increase in the coming time.
- Dramatic fall in chickenpox cases thanks to vaccine, study finds
- Google Search Reveals Impact Of Chickenpox Shots
- Is Chickenpox Contagious? Know the Facts
- Should You See Your Doctor, Go to an Urgent-Care Clinic, or Head to the ER?
- 95% of status quo scientists FAIL this simple SCIENCE QUIZ… (take it yourself and see why)
- Tuberculosis, Cholera And Measles Are On The Rise In England
- The Windows Store's 'new and rising' apps are actually 'old and stationary,' developer claims
- STDs are rising. What can providers do?
- Dead Rising 4 review: Slay ride
- Apache Spark rises to become most active open source project in big data
- Cybersecurity 2014: Breaches and Costs Rise, Confidence and Budgets are Low
- The Rise of Vagueness as a Service
- Dead Rising's long-awaited arrival on Steam is a reminder of PC gaming's darkest days
- Social engineering audits on the rise: What this means for CIOs and CSOs
- The Incredible Rise of Barcelona's New Sensation Ansu Fati
- Malvertising Rise Pushes Ad Industry to Action
- Whooping Cough is on the Rise: What You Can Do to Protect Yourself
- The Rise and Rise (and Rise) of Apple's IOS
- What fuelled Python's rise to become the fastest-growing programming language?
- The rise of the chaotic actor: Understanding Anonymous and ourselves
Hanoi sees rising chickenpox cases have 438 words, post on dtinews.vn at March 22, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.