Gold ring price went up 0.09% VND55.95 million. A tael equals 37.5 grams or 1.2 ounces.
Globally gold prices slipped on Friday as the dollar edged higher, while investors assessed the U.S. central bank's hints at a potential pause in its rate-hike trajectory, Reuters reported.
Spot gold was down 0.4% at $1,986.40 per ounce after two sessions of sharp gains. U.S. gold futures also fell 0.4% to $1,988.90.
Non-yielding bullion, which becomes more attractive in a low-interest-rate environment, gained 2% after the Federal Reserve signalled it might pause further rate increases after the recent collapse of two U.S. banks, and pointed to just one more rate hike this year.
“However, the Fed also mentioned it would not look to cut interest rates this year,” said Brian Lan, managing director at Singapore-based dealer GoldSilver Central.
Lan noted some profit-taking at play, and added, “gold prices would look to consolidate, unless there's any big news.”
- Royal Ascot day three tips: Newsboy's Gold Cup pick and 1-2-3 predictions for Thursday
- Elon Musk sued by Twitter investors for 'market manipulation', ASX follows Wall St higher
- Janet Yellen says US inflation is unacceptable, ASX rises
- Bank of America is wrong about the weak pound
- Canada Beats US 3-2 In Under-18 Women’s Hockey Title Game
- SA's new Labor government bypasses standard assessment for $84 million in sports grants but denies pork barrelling
- Royal Ascot 2016: Tips, odds and advice ahead of the first day of this year's races
- What overseas interest rate hikes mean for Australia — as it happened
- Canada beats US 3-2 in under-18 women’s hockey title game
- The Stereoscope and the Stereograph
- This year Federal Bank will see a much higher growth rate: CEO Shyam Srinivasan
Gold posts marginal gain have 272 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 24, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.