Nguyen Quoc Toan, Director of the ministry's Centre for Digital Transformation and Agricultural Statistics, said at a recent forum in Hanoi to promote digitization to support traceability of agricultural and food products that traceability is one of the eight key issues in digital transformation of the agricultural sector.
According to him, Vietnam currently has around 19,000 cooperatives, 14,200 enterprises, and 7,500 processing facilities in the agricultural sector, along with about 9,400 supermarkets and markets, which constitutes the Big Data part of the sector.
Therefore, traceability of agricultural products must be holistic and specific, he stressed.
State management in this issue aims to meet requirements of international integration, improve transparency and accountability for the sector, and increase farmers' interests, he added.
Huynh Tan Dat, Deputy Director of the Plant Protection Department, said that the department has built a national database on planting area codes and export packing facilities.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development has a product tracing system, which is connected with eight similar systems of eight cities and provinces, with the participation of 3,964 enterprises and 16,987 agricultural and food products.
- Tracking for agricultural products in Eurasian Economic Union after 2020
- China will only import the products it needs
- Three’s Jackie Glynn: ‘Digital transformation should be a collaborative effort’
- Double-digit almond production…and rising prices
- BK TecHouse technology to increase farmer funding through de-risking agriculture
- Beware, digital pirates
- Future of Chinese products, brands in Pakistan
- Colorado farmers give U.S. agriculture secretary Perdue an earful on trade policy, labor shortages
- NSE drags Singapore Exchange to court over Indian derivatives products launch
- Increased food productivity is a prerequisite for post Ebola challenges
- Robot weed killers poised to disrupt U.S. agriculture
- Curbing coca production
- Belarus, Georgia eager to set up joint venture to process poultry meat
- Climate-proofing Indian agriculture
- Infant industries to get boost after implementation of budget’s agricultural reforms: Experts
- Infant industries to boost after implementation of agricultural reforms: experts
- Combine efforts for mutual benefit
- Food self-sufficiency: Local fertiliser production raises hopes
- Risk reduction in agriculture
- Who needs CRISPR
Digitization in agricultural product traceability needs joint efforts have 325 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 21, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.