Phathi is a cluster of villages that has received significant investment from the Government of Vietnam since 2009 to build essential infrastructure projects such as roads, clean water systems, schools, clinics, cultural centers, and agricultural extension programs. However, due to the lack of funds for maintenance and repairs, a number of construction items have deteriorated over time.
To address this, the Vietnamese and Lao Ministries of National Defense recently received approval from the Prime Ministers of the two countries to support the maintenance, repairs, and upgrade of essential infrastructure works, particularly the clean water supply systems and school sites.
During the visit, Senior Lieutenant General Hoang Xuan Chien presented 40 gifts, each worth VND 2 million, to needy students and policy beneficiaries in the locality. He also visited the 705 International Cooperation Co. Ltd. of Military Region 2, a Vietnamese company operating in the area, and praised their great efforts, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic, in performing their tasks in difficult and remote areas of Laos.
These efforts have contributed to developing the defense relationship between Vietnam and Laos in a practical and effective way, which is recognized and highly appreciated by the Lao government and people.
Translated by Trung Thanh
- Former deputy prime minister and Kiwisaver architect Sir Michael Cullen dies
- President’s Laos visit a success: Deputy Foreign Minister
- Defense Minister inquires after former Party, State and Army leaders
- Vietnam, Laos ink series of agreements during president visit
- Vietnam, Laos ink series of agreements
- Vietnam and Laos build on friendship
- President meets with PM, visits former Party, State leaders of Laos
- Vietnam's State President arrives in Laos for two-day visit
- HCMC’s leaders visit people, frontline forces in districts
- Vietnamese, Lao armies stand side by side in any circumstances: Minister
- Vietnam president arrives in Laos for official visit
- President meets with PM, visits former leaders of Laos
- Trains to arrive next month for trial run of mammoth Laos-China railway project
- Laos treasures ties with Vietnam: Laos deputy PM
- Vietnamese State leader meets with Lao Vice Presidents
- Russia tests "New Year's gift" weapon that delivers a nuclear strike at 20 times the speed of sound
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc leaves for official visit to Laos
- State President delivers speech at Lao National Assembly
- Laos records 440 new Covid cases, two more deaths
- Vietnam, Singapore to further boost defense cooperation
Deputy defense minister presents gifts to Lao people have 364 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 1, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.