Speaking at the event, Vice Chairman of the municipal People's Committee Nguyen Thuc Hien suggested orientations for bilateral cooperation in hi-tech agriculture, processing industry, investment, tourism, health care, education – training and information technology.
He wished for India's support to hold the “India – Can Tho city” networking conference with an aim to connect Indian importers with local exporters of rice, seafood, farm produce and processed agricultural products, as well as popularize the city's tourism.
Can Tho plans to arrange a trip to India in May for a delegation of investment, trade and tourism promotion officers, he said, suggesting that the Indian side helps the delegation hold a working session with the Indian Institute of Technology to invite Indian investors to Can Tho’s concentrated IT zone.
The host also wished to visit and share experience in economic and tourism development with authorities of a suitable locality.
Sethi, for his part, pledged to step up cooperation in areas suggested by the host.
He suggested that the Vietnamese delegation visit Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states, noting that Telangana is strong in pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, information technology and health care while Andhra Pradesh holds potential in agriculture, particularly aquatic products and fruits.
On the occasion, the Indian Consulate General and the municipal Department of External Affairs signed a cooperation agreement, under which they agreed to enhance information sharing to effectively hold exchange activities, especially in education, culture, arts, information technology, tourism, trade and investment promotion.
Each year, both sides will hold online or face-to-face meetings to review joint work and set future tasks.
- India Seeks Support From China, Neighbours to Tackle Bio-Terrorism in Indo-Pacific
- ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education Gets Awarded as India's Most Admirable Education Brand 2020
- Avoid actions that complicate situation, Rajnath tells Asean defence ministers’ meet
- With China looking, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh slams Beijing at ASEAN forum
- Avoid actions that complicate situation: Rajnath at ASEAN meet
- Nat'l Rivals Not Afraid to Pull Punches as Next Geopolitics Reshapes Global Tech Race, Futurist Says
- Minister calls for stronger BRICS ties
- Deadlock continues as 5th round of talks fails
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 30
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 5
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 1
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 7
- Growth opportunities for Mekong Delta production and export
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 10
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 30
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 3
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 9
- Full text of Xi Jinping's report at 19th CPC National Congress
- Opportunities for Vietnamese rice to strengthen position in global market
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 9
Can Tho, India cultivate multifaceted cooperation have 410 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 29, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.