Hanoi (VNA) – An official highlighted the important role of artificial intelligence ( AI ) in the field of hydrometeorology, while speaking at a webinar held by the Vietnam Meteorological and Hydrological Administration (VNMHA) on March 28.
Hoang Duc Cuong, Deputy General Director of the VNMHA under the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, said the sector has applied information technology, digital technology, and AI for a long time, and that AI plays a very important role in its activities.
About the application of Big Data and AI to hydrometeorology, Vu Hoang Long, an advisor from Viettel Solutions of the Viettel Military Industry and Telecoms Group, said the sector should collect and standardise information and data to serve as a basis for applying Industry 4.0 technology to make precise forecasts. It also needs to gather data from different sources in a concentrated database system.
The sector should build a data architecture matching its specific features, use the Big Data technology for handling monitoring and specialised data, and coordinate with international experts and organisations such as the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) in AI research and application, he suggested.
Pointing out some difficulties in AI application, Pham Hoang Hung, Deputy Director of the VNMHA's forecasting management department, said the sector's database hasn't been big enough while existing tools are not strong enough either to analyse, assess, organise, and standardise data. A shortage of personnel for AI application and infrastructure upgrade also need attention.
At the seminar, participants discussed measures for promoting AI research and application to hydrometeorology , especially to information and data management, and learn experts' experience and viewpoints in this regard./.
- State Audit played important role in PPP projects: experts
- China's civil aviation plays important role in epidemic prevention
- Indian 2 Accident: Kamal Haasan Records His Statement, Has A Discussion With Crime Branch Officials
- ‘Slave Play’ Author Jeremy O. Harris Signs Two-Year HBO Deal, Developing Pilot
- AI is the key ingredient for travel and hospitality sectors' business strategy
- Predicting the coronavirus outbreak: How AI connects the dots to warn about disease threats
- 'Ambiguities and Risks': Pentagon Adopts New AI Battlefield Ethics
- IIM Calcutta and TalentSprint to make marketing professionals AI-ready
- I played 20 hours of Destiny 2 and it’s everything fans have been asking for
- Publicis Sapient, Elder Research and Tquila announce Publicis Sapient AI Labs
- AI has helped double the average employee tenure: Report
- Mark Zuckerberg out-robots his AI robot in saccharine holiday video
- AI-driven support system assists in cancer treatment
- Trump administration officials have contradicted each other on Soleimani again and again. This is the result.
- Acharya Makers To Officially Announce Mahesh Babu’s Casting On Holi?
- Coronavirus: What are health officials saying?
- At Bangalore University, a Game of Thrones episode is playing out
- Don Cheadle, David Ramsey, And More Stars Reflect On Their Black Superhero Roles
- Rajinikanth's Next: Did Pa Ranjith Blurt Out The Official Title Of The Film?
- Why are disabled actors ignored when it comes to roles like the Elephant Man?
AI has important role to play in hydrometeorology: official have 518 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 28, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.