|At the working session (Photo: VNA)|
Can Tho – The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has agreed on loans for important projects in the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho.
During a working session with the municipal authorities on March 29, ADB committed to loans for a 2023-2030 project on transport infrastructure in adaptation with climate change, including overpasses at five major intersections and others.
Its total cost is estimated at about 4.9 trillion VND (199.6 million USD), of which 130.3 million USD was from ADB's loans and the remainder from local budget.
Nguyen Van Hong, Vice Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee, suggested ADB prioritise the launch of a technical assistance package worth USD 200,000 for the green growth and climate change adaptation plan. The next priority should be given to transport projects.
About a project on the upgrade of wastewater treatment plant, he proposed ADB continue sharing its experience with the city.
Keiju Mitsuhashi, ADB Country Director and head of the working delegation, said ADB will soon draft a document agreeing on the lists, budgets, lending mechanisms and related issues for the city.
The delegation also discussed with local authorities about the best solutions to financial resources to embark on Cai Sau 1 wastewater treatment plant upgrade project in the near future.
- Pakistan to seek $2b in new loans
- ADB approves 20-mln-USD loan to help Laos fight COVID-19
- World Bank approves $500m loan
- Tho Xuan Airport strives to serve five million passengers per year by 2030
- Honda import strategy unable to avail of fee cuts
- 5 things to know for May 20: Loans, US reopening, WHO, Election 2020, Hungary
- China’s Belt and Road plan projected to have massive economic benefits — but there are major concerns
- The future of storytelling – or short-changing cinema fans? Steven Spielberg's epic new project cost $2billion... for mini-movies that only last ten minutes
- Loan EMIs set to come down as RBI cuts key policy rates
- $49b loans of COVID-19 affected borrowers get preferential rates
- Ailing state-owned projects stuck in impasse with Chinese contractors
- Sluggish land clearance delays key border logistics hub project
- My desire to create, add value to more people birthed Green Bliss Projects ― Esther Raphael
- UK Government Reportedly Plans to Rescue 'Strategically Important' Companies Amid COVID-19 Crisis
- ADB approves USD 177 mn loan for road projects in Maharashtra
- ADB approves 20 mln USD loan to support Laos' emergency response to COVID-19
- ADB's 2019 operations reach 33.74 bln USD
- Addressing hindrances to PPP infrastructure projects
- Can Tho, Wakayama discuss multi-faceted cooperation prospects
- ADB projects Vietnam to achieve 6.1% GDP growth in 2015
ADB agrees on loans for important projects in Can Tho have 403 words, post on vir.com.vn at March 30, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.