HCM City (VNA) – VinaCapital Ventures, a technology-focused venture capital fund of the Ho Chi Minh City-based VinaCaptial Group , has announced an investment of 1 million USD into Koina, an agritech startup founded in Vietnam.
The investment from VinaCapital Ventures is part of Koina's seed fundraising round.
Koina, established in 2021, aims to build a large and efficient agricultural ecosystem in Vietnam by connecting farmers with financial organisations, suppliers, and retailers. Its "Farmer Platform" is intended to help farmers access loans, publicise prices, and give guidance on good agricultural practices.
Thi Nguyen, co-founder and Chairman of Koina, said the funding from VinaCapital Ventures will help his firm expand sales channels and increase investment in technology to control quality and boost the value of agricultural products of Vietnam.
Director of VinaCapital Ventures Trung Hoang said agriculture is the backbone of the Vietnamese economy, and his company hopes to help improve the supply chain as well as the life quality of Vietnamese farmers.
It expects that by capitalising on the knowledge of logistics and data analysis personnel, Koina can minimise wastefulness in logistics and improve farmers' productivity, which are important to developing sustainable agriculture and creating more value for farmers, he added./.
- Boston Consulting Group finds female-led startups raise less, earn more
- Where the CEOs of successful startups went to school
- Samsung is investing in startups that are solving AI problems
- Hydrate, intoxicate, caffeinate, repeat: Meet the startups pouring the future
- IFC, a member of World Bank Group invests USD 2.5 mn in PickMe
- Africa Roundup: African startup investments turn to fintech this winter season
- Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar, venture capitalist Shailesh Vickram Singh set up $150 mn green fund – Where will it invest?
- Private equity deal values dip 50% in May, says Grant Thornton report
- In the driver’s seat
- The state of virtual and augmented reality: Industry sees new reasons for hope amid the hype
- Today’s best crowdfunding platforms — by the numbers
- Singapore-based game studio Mighty Bear raises $2.5M ahead of debut release
- Greater Louisville benefitting from public and private emphasis on risk taking
- Taking Getaround for a spin: Can the Airbnb model work for renting your neighbor’s car?
- Solar Is the Future. Donald Trump Tied a Bow on It and Gave It to China.
- The Morning Download: Understanding AI as Revolutionary Research Tool
- BFX: The Entertainment Crypto with $ 30mn Asset Base listing in June on Top Exchanges
- Kenya: First Crude Arrives in Mombasa
- Nigerian tech start-ups soar
- Palmer Luckey’s border control tech has already caught dozens of people
VinaCapital Ventures pours 1 million USD into agritech startup have 425 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 6, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.