Foreign Minister Bui Thanh Son made the statement during a a meeting with Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation of Timor Leste Adaljiza Albertina Xavier Reis Magno on February 4 on the sidelines of the ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Retreat (AMM Retreat) in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The two sides agreed to promote exchange of delegations at all levels, soon hold the first meeting of the Joint Commission for Bilateral Cooperation at the ministerial level as agreed in the Framework Agreement on Technical and Economic Cooperation in April 2010, implement signed agreements, and accelerate negotiations and signing of new agreements in order to boost tourism cooperation and people-to-people exchange.
The Timor Leste minister spoke highly of Vietnam’s important socio-economic development achievements, and said that leaders of Timor Leste are very pleased with the investment of Vietnam's telecoms group Viettel in Timor Leste, which contributes to the local development.
There is great potential for the two nations to expand cooperation in trade, agriculture, forestry, and fisheries, she said.
She affirmed that she would work to promote cooperation between the two countries in the coming time, not only in the bilateral channels but also within ASEAN.
On this occasion, Foreign Minister Bui Thanh Son had short meetings with his counterparts of Indonesia, Laos, Singapore and Brunei to discuss ways to strengthen bilateral relations.
- Saudi Arabia's Foreign Minister Rejects Extradition of Suspects in Journalist Khashoggi's Killing
- North Korea Studies Vietnam for Development Ideas
- ASEAN Calls for Unity Amidst US
- Tough South China Sea talks ahead as Vietnam seeks to curb China's actions
- ASEAN ministers rock no boats in Myanmar, South China Sea
- U.S. or China? Asian Nations May Soon Be Forced to Choose, Singapore PM Warns
- The Latest: Brexit: EU official welcomes scrapping of fee
- The Latest: Maduro sending minister to UN council meeting
- How a Member of the Fugees Got Caught Up in Pro-China Lobbying
- Trump meets with N. Korean official amid summit speculation
- Can Theresa May and Angela Merkel Resist the Forces They Helped Create?
- Mike Pompeo Is The Spineless Personification Of Donald Trump's Nihilist Foreign Policy
- 'No Collusion'? Here Are All the Trump Associates and Family Members Who Had Contact With Russians During the 2016 Campaign
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit deal is defeated in parliament
- Exclusive: Syrian Kurdish YPG expects negotiations with Damascus soon
- Mexico has no deal with U.S. to overhaul asylum rules: incoming minister
- Tulsi Gabbard's 2020 Plan Threatens The New Left Foreign Policy Of Sanders And Warren
- May's way: Prime minister unmoved ahead of expected Brexit vote defeat
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders's Fierce Anti-China Rhetoric Stuns Argentine Minister at G20
- Russia Says 'We Are Ready' to Help Venezuela, Offers to Mediate Amid U.S. Coup Fears
Vietnam to help Timor Leste soon become official member of ASEAN: Foreign Minister have 432 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 10, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.