|Delegates at the 26th Meeting of ASEAN Tourism Ministers (Photo: VNA)|
Jakarta – Deputy Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Doan Van Viet has called on other ASEAN member countries to support and cooperate with each other in tourism development.
Speaking at a press conference on the ASEAN Tourism Forum (ATF) 2023 in Indonesia on February 5, the official said apart from traditional markets that have experienced difficulties, ASEAN should seek new ones and adjust some policies relating to aviation connection and visas.
He also suggested the bloc continue implementing tourism development strategies for 2016-2025 and adjust and update them after each meeting of ASEAN tourism ministers.
Viet described culture as the core value of the regional tourism and a unique factor helping the countries attract tourists.
Sharing Viet's view, Philippine Tourism Secretary Christina Garcia Frasco also suggested the ASEAN countries come together to offer unified tourism packages.
"We have agreed to increase first connectivity between our countries and to concretise that by identifying the international and secondary airports that may be utilised for the purpose of expanding direct flights, not only towards our key destinations, but also to emerging destinations," she told a press conference.
Juliana Kua, Assistant Chief Executive Officer at the Singapore Tourism Board, said ASEAN should get common understanding and a common plan towards the sustainable development of the tourism industry.
For his part, Indonesian Minister of Tourism and Creative Economy Sandiaga Uno said the forum sought ways to strengthen the intra-bloc connectivity to facilitate travelling and tourism in the region.
Delegates also exchanged views on measures to increase flights from India and lure more Chinese tourists after the country reopened its borders in the spirit of "ASEAN as a single destination".
The forum sent a message of ASEAN's recovery, especially in terms of quality, sustainable tourism, as well as its diversity in nature and culture, the minister noted.
The ATF 2023, including the 26th Meeting of ASEAN Tourism Ministers, took place in Yogyakarta, Indonesia, from February 2 – 5.
At the events, Vietnam introduced its tourism development, mechanisms and policies, tourism products and services after the COVID-19 pandemic, and the message of Vietnam tourism through the slogan “Vietnam – Timeless Charm” and the campaign “Live fully in Vietnam”.
According to data from the ASEAN Secretariat, in 2019, international tourist arrivals in Southeast Asia reached 143.5 million, accounting for 9.6 per cent of global international tourists. The growth rate reached 6.1 per cent, 2.1 per cent higher than the world’s average.
For Vietnam, ASEAN is one of the most important markets and partners. In 2019, visitors from ASEAN to Vietnam hit nearly 2.1 million, accounting for about 11.6 per cent of the total number of international arrivals to the nation.
- World View: China Mocks America’s ‘Indo-Pacific’ Strategy at ASEAN Meeting
- Vietnam`s Industry 4.0 challenge is human resources
- North Korea’s Tourism Ambitions Cloud Trump-Kim Summit
- Could SpaceX and Boeing Spaceships Open a New Era for Space Tourism?
- Bizarre “Lenin lab” embalms dead communist leaders to keep them “looking ageless” in North Korea and Vietnam
- Houstonian Will Nguyen returns to Twitter with defiance after arrest, detention in Vietnam
- Vietnam`s 10 outstanding sci-tech events in 2018 named
- Prioritizing Digital Markets in ASEAN
- Vietnam plans first film festival for October
- Vietnam`s fintech market value to be doubled by 2020
- The next moon landings will spur giant leaps here on Earth
- Spaceport America: Space Tourism Launch Site
- ‘Replication crisis’ spurs reforms in how science studies are done
- Thai agency to lead transition to digital economy
- Philippines’ Duterte ‘Jokes’: I Smoked Marijuana at Southeast Asian Summit ‘to Stay Awake’
- US Pledges Nearly $300 Million Security Funding For Southeast Asia
- China Lauds Cuba for Rejecting ‘Individualism,’ Suggests Mimicking Chinese Economy
- Trump signs executive order canceling planned pay increase for federal workers in 2019
- Will Elon Musk Fly on SpaceX's Private Moon Flight in 2023 with Japanese Billionaire?
- $70M makeover of Town and Country hotel gets council OK
Vietnam calls for ASEAN cooperation to spur tourism development have 634 words, post on vir.com.vn at February 6, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.