Many tourists in HCM City choose to travel around the city by cyclos.
The number of cyclo drivers in HCM City has sharply reduced over recent years due to the city's rapid urbanisation.
To compete with app-based taxis, drivers have upgraded their cyclos, using stainless lightweight steel.
A cyclo driver near Ben Thanh Market, Nguyen Thanh Hue, said that a cyclo was worth around VND20 million. A cyclo tour around the city is some VND300,000 while the price is just half that for a short distance like around Ben Thanh Market area, Hue added.
Foreigners like taking photos with cyclos.
The upgraded cyclo is quite strong and can transport heavy people.
A Vietnamese woman enjoys cyclo tours.
A cyclo driver said that he now is busier as tourist numbers have been on the rise after the Covid-19 pandemic.
- HCM City taps potential for medical tourism
- “Our House” festival for foreign expatriates in HCM City
- HCM City targets 3.3 million int’l visitors in 2011
- HCM City needs more hotel rooms
- Cruise passengers take boat tour of HCM City’s Can Gio District
- Ambitious “HCM City – 100 interesting things
- Bargains to be had in HCM City
- Rapid development of HCM Citys tourism
- Spanish food in HCM City
- Tourism festival puts HCM City in the spotlight
- HCM City welcomes seaborne German tourists
- HCM City misses out on large cruise ships as port proves unsuitable
- Costa Romantica cruise ship carries 2,100 tourists to Ho Chi Minh City
- HCM City hosts Viet Nam-Japan cultural exchange
- First foreign visitors to HCM City on New Year’s Day
- Festival highlights HCM City’s integration
- HCM City welcomes over 6.2 million foreign tourists in nine months
- Tourists seeking investment opportunities in HCM City
- Intl exhibition on cosmetics, wellness products opens in HCM City
- HCM City Tourism Festival attracts many visitors
Tourists enjoy cyclo tours in HCM City have 291 words, post on dtinews.vn at February 8, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.