Representatives of Vietnam's Internet service providers on Tuesday said the NOC (Network Operation Center) system of international undersea cables announced that three undersea cables: the APG (Asia Pacific Gateway), the AAG (Asia, America Gateway) and the IA (Intra Asia) are expected to undergo reparation in either mid-March or early April, the Vietnam News Agency reported.
The APG would see two segments being prepared, one from March 22 to March 27, and the other from April 5 to April 9. The AAG would be repaired from March 30 to April 4. The IA meanwhile is expected to be repaired in mid-March.
Reparation schedule for the AAE-1 cable (Asia-Africa-Euro 1) has yet to be announced.
Vietnam is currently connected with seven undersea cables: SMW3, AAG, IA, APG, AAE-1, SJC2 and ADC. The SJC2 and the ADC are yet to be officially operational, while the SMW3 cable is outdated and about to be decommissioned. It means Vietnam has five active undersea cables that connect it to the outside world, and four of them are currently malfunctioned.
The fact that Vietnam currently only has one fully functional undersea cable has caused internet speeds between Vietnam and the rest of the world to slow to a crawl, with many users reporting problems when it comes to video streaming and accessing online services, among other issues.
Last week, service providers said they were working with units managing the undersea cables to resolve the issues, as well as deploying other measures to optimize data transference.
- Vietnam to be linked by 140 Tbps undersea cable
- 600,000 villages to get Internet boost in 1,000 days, says PM Modi
- FG approves phase 2 Fibre cables deployment for galaxy backbone
- 25 years of Internet in India: How it has impacted the lives of 1.3 billion people
- SpaceX celebrates 100th launch after blasting off with 58 more Starlink internet satellites in Falcon 9 rocket being used for record-breaking SIXTH time
- BT internet outage in Scotland leaves 100,000 customers unable to use the web
- Virgin Media down as customers struggle to access internet services
- Japan's NHK World Wins Broadcaster of Year in New Internet TV Awards For Disaster Coverage
- All villages to be connected with optical fibre in 1,000 days: PM Modi
- NSA stores metadata of millions of web users for up to a year, secret files show
- Andaman OFC project to usher new era of development for the archipelago: Shah
- Telecom connectivity to boost ease of living in Andaman & Nicobar Islands, says Narendra Modi
- Trump administration calls for broad ban on 'untrusted' Chinese apps like TikTok
- German power grids spend 750 mln euros as Frankfurt adds data centres
- The office is dead. Get yourself a backyard shed
- SpaceX launches another 60 Starlink satellites into orbit — including one with an inbuilt 'sun visor' to test whether it makes the constellation less visible from Earth
- All villages to be connected with optical fibre in next 1,000 days: PM Modi in Independence Day speech
- All Indian villages will be connected with optical fibre in next 1,000 days: PM Narendra Modi
- The iconic Arecibo Telescope goes quiet after major damage
- FG’s $400M telecom project: In whose interest?
Three undersea Internet cables to be repaired from March have 486 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 7, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.