One of three northern pig-tailed macaques which are returned to the protection forest in Minh Long district, the central province of Quang Ngai on February 2. (Photo: VNA)
Quang Ngai (VNA) – Three northern pig-tailed macaques were returned to the protection forest in Minh Long district, the central province of Quang Ngai on February 2.
Earlier, the border station in the district received the primates from a company.
The macaque, known as Macaca leonina, is of a vulnerable species in the subfamily Cercopithecidae. It is found in Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam.
A northern pig-tailed macaque (Photo: VNA)
The monkey belongs to a species listed in Group IIB of the Vietnam Red Book.
On this occasion, Minh Long district authorities also called on local people to raise their awareness of protecting the biodiversity of the nature./.
- Quang Ngai residents strive to save 700-kg whale
- Five more investigated for Da Nang-Quang Ngai expressway issues
- Rare monkeys found in Quang Nam
- Quang Binh’s resident hands over rare monkey to national park
- Quang Binh man hands over rare monkey to national park
- Quảng Bình man hands over rare monkey to national park
- Quang Ninh streamlines steps to welcome cruise ships amidst coronavirus fears
- Thousands fill temple for Hanoi's largest 'life release' ceremony
- Nature reserve founded in Thua Thien-Hue province
- Quang Binh seeks ways to overcome challenges caused by nCoV
- Wall to Hide Slums, Mud Packs for Taj Mahal & Monkey Removals in Order For Trump's Arrival in India
- Soc Trang Province starts construction of 65 MW wind power plant
- Quang Ninh mobilizes resources for Van Don Island development
- Workshop told how technology can help cope with natural disasters
- Walls, mud packs and monkey removal for Trump in India
- 'The New Normal': Why Indie Artists Are Releasing Music at a Much Faster Rate in 2020
- Releasing data on infected medics reflects government's contract with the people
- 500MILLION people in China are on lockdown because of coronavirus with travel restrictions enforced in nearly 50 cities and four provinces to contain the killer disease
- Tien Phong Marathon held on Ly Son Island
- Laterite houses stand proud in central Vietnam villages
Three monkeys released to nature in Quang Ngai province have 338 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 2, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.