New investments are expected to make a positive contribution to the country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP), Supattanapong, who is in charge of economic affairs, told a seminar.
“The economy will definitely be better than last year despite some impact from energy prices,” he said, adding that the economic situation is in recovery and will soon return to normal.
Last week, the Thai Finance Ministry maintained its economic growth outlook for 2023 at 3.8% but cut its 2022 growth estimate to 3% from 3.4% as exports weakened.
Official GDP figures for 2022 will be released by the Thai government on February 17.
Thailand’s Joint Standing Committee on Commerce, Industry and Banking (JSCCIB) said on February 1 that the Thai economy is still expected to expand 3-3.5% this year, unchanged from its previous forecast, as tourism picks up but exports slow.
A strong baht and a global slowdown continue to pressure exports, the committee said, adding that the Southeast Asian nation's economy was estimated to grow 3.2% last year.
- Returning happiness back to the Thai people. So how’s that going?
- Chinese New Year spending to fall again
- 10-year visa to attract engineers and IT experts, boost technology development
- Thai Junta’s Closure of Chatree Mine Spooks Foreign Investors
- Banks post improved profits last year
- Thailand News Today | Thai government approves 10 year visa program
- Thailand’s economic growth projected at 3.5-4.5 percent this year
- Increase in suicide feared in Thailand as Covid-19 grows
- SKC sees growing farm machinery market
- Lunar New Year spending seen at 11-year low - survey
- CBRE says Covid still stymies market
- 2022 economic growth view at 4%
- Tax waiver set to boost financing of Thai startups
- Vivo unveils 1st flagship Thai store
- China, India stocks on radar for US$33b Thai pension fund
- WHA sees years of robust growth ahead
- Siemens helps Vietnamese customers unlock potential of digitalisation
- Rise in Phuket’s troubled teens
- JSCCIB cuts Thailand’s GDP growth forecast
- Arkhom pledges support, but recent rules cast doubt
Thai economy may grow 4% this year have 312 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at February 3, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.