A man in the northern central province of Nghe An has just handed over two red-faced monkeys to local forest rangers.
Director of Pu Hoat Nature Reserve Management Board, Nguyen Van Sinh announced on Thursday that they had coordinated with forest rangers in Que Phong District to release two red-faced monkeys into the wild.
“The monkeys were handed over by a local man who was persuaded by local forest rangers to release them after they had been kept in a cage at his house,” Sinh said. “We’ve also widely announced that keeping wild animals without clear origins was risky and illegal.”
According to the official, the two monkeys were given a health check which showed that they had a total weight of 16 kilos and were in stable condition.
“After finding them in good health, we decided to release them back into a local forest right after receiving them from the resident,” he said.
Red-faced monkeys belong to group IIB in the list of critically endangered, rare species.
- New Zealand opposition leader left red-faced as audio tape emerges
- Warning not to end up red faced after Fifty Shades of Grey
- Crvena Zvezda 2 Liverpool 0: Reds face fight to qualify for knockout stages after shock defeat in Belgrade
- Love Island’s Samira Mighty left red-faced as her Hollywood ex Chris Pine doesn’t even know who she is
- South African Man Caught Red-Handed Raping a Cat
- Man caught 'red handed' trying to break into car
- Who Man Utd could face in the Champions League knockout stages
- ITV This Morning: Ruth Langsford red-faced over co-star gaffe ‘I didn’t know’
- Dan Walker: BBC Breakfast presenter left red faced after major political blunder
- Who Man City could face in the Champions League knockout stages
- Man hit in face with brick by attacker in Morecambe
- Coach Park announces official 23-man squad to face hosts Thailand
- Piers Morgan teases red-faced Susanna Reid over Steve Parish romance
- Halifax police say man handed jail term accused of assaulting officer while fleeing courthouse
- Derby will be missing key man when they face Nottingham Forest
- Red Sox have MLB-leading four prospects on Team USA Baseball roster
- Jose Mourinho: Would sacking Man Utd manager be justified?
- Monkeys run amok in corridors of power
- Monkey snatches and kills newborn baby in India
- Kurkjian's October tales: A near-murder on the mound and the biggest Reds fan in the nursery ward
Nghe An man hands over two red-faced monkeys have 411 words, post on dtinews.vn at February 3, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.