Hanoi aims to maintain macroeconomic stability and control inflation while promoting new growth drivers and enhancing its economic resilience.
Hanoi has set a target of 7% year-on-year gross regional domestic product (GRDP) growth by 2023 as part of its action plan for socio-economic development this year.
|Production at Sunhouse Group in Ngoc Liep Industrial Park, Quoc Oai District. Photo: Thanh Hai|
This plan includes 22 objectives, such as a GRDP per capita of VND150 million (US$6,400), export growth of 6%, an inflation rate below 4.5%, and a 30% reduction in poverty.
The global situation is expected to remain challenging in 2023, and Hanoi aims to maintain macroeconomic stability and control inflation while promoting new growth drivers and enhancing its economic resilience.
The plan also emphasized the development of cultural and education fields, disease control, and improving people's material and spiritual well-being, as well as promoting digital infrastructure, environmental protection, and good governance.
This would include the efforts to ensure efficient use of land and resources, environmental protection and proactively addressing climate change while improving urban planning to support infrastructure development.
In addition, the plan stressed the importance of continuing administrative reform and tightening disciplines in public agencies in carrying out public works, especially public investment plans for 2023 and the 2021-2025 period.
This year, Hanoi would push for the construction of new schools at national standards, improve the public health capacity and preserve the cultural-historical heritage sites.
Hanoi's authorities will make greater efforts in building a digital government, eliminate waste and corruption, and maintain national security.
The city’s long-term goals include completing its planning and construction plans by 2050, implementing the ring road No.4 project, and streamlining the state apparatus.
In 2022, Hanoi successfully achieved all 22 socio-economic objectives, including a GRDP growth of 8.89% and a GRDP per capita of VND141.8 million ($6,037).
- Etsy secures $40 Million, eyes international growth
- Snowflake, now a unicorn, eyes global growth for cloud data warehouse
- Economic growth could reach 6.9 percent in 2019: VEPR
- Vietnam’s economic growth likely to reach set target in 2019: VEPR
- Netflix Earnings Shine On Blockbuster Growth
- This Weird Lizard Had Four Eyes, Roamed Earth 34 Million Years Ago
- Global Vision Care Market 2018-2022: Rise in Product Launches Driving Growth
- Semiconductor IP market worth $6.22B by 2023
- Digital Signage Market worth over $23bn by 2023 Tech Videos Industry Trends Featured Products Site Sponsors Featured Tech Videos
- Digital Signage Market worth over $23bn by 2023 Tech Videos Featured Products Site Sponsors Featured Tech Videos
- Leading Robotics Report 2018-2023: Focus on Industrial Robotics & Service Robotics
- Latin American Medical Markets: Forecast to 2023
- Global Capnography Market 2018 with Forecasts to 2023
- Ventricular Assist Devices: Global Market Analysis 2015-2018 Forecast to 2023
- Global Breast Imaging Market to Grow at a CAGR of 8.7% During the Forecast Period 2017-2023
- Global Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement Market Analysis, Trends, Market Size and Forecasts up to 2023
- Global Transcatheter Aortic valve Replacement Market 2015-2018 & 2023
- Global Wearable Display Market is Expected to Reach $3.37 Billion by 2023
- Global $10.2 Billion Diabetes Care Devices Market 2017-2023: Analysis & Opportunities
- Global C4ISR Systems Market Analysis, Growth, Trends & Forecast 2018-2023
Hanoi eyes 7% GRDP growth in 2023 have 488 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at February 6, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.