Addressing the ASEAN Foreign Ministers' Retreat in Jakarta, Indonesia, Minister Bui Thanh Son said that initiatives in the region should come from the goodwill of cooperation, complementarity and reciprocity to ASEAN-led mechanisms, thus contributing to the common goal of peace, security, stability and development.
Sharing common concerns about unpredictable regional and international fluctuations, the Vietnamese minister stressed that ASEAN needs to maintain solidarity, self-reliance and flexible adaptation, strengthen internal resources, and promote its centrality.
He reaffirmed the importance of maintaining peace, stability, security and safety of navigation and aviation in the East Sea (South China Sea), emphasizing the necessity for the group to strengthen its principle stance, and uphold international law and the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) 1982, towards a rules-based regional maritime order, and effectively protecting the legitimate interests of all coastal states.
On this occasion, Minister Bui Thanh Son announced Vietnam’s plans to hold several meetings within the ASEAN-China framework on the implementation of the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the East Sea (DOC), as well as the Republic of Korea Day in ASEAN.
Regarding the Myanmar issue, he shared the view that Myanmar people should solve the Myanmar issue, and it is essential for ASEAN to effectively implement the five-point consensus to help the nation overcome difficulties.
He also expressed his belief that Indonesia, as the ASEAN Chair in 2023, and Redno Marsudi, as the Special Envoy of the ASEAN Chair on Myanmar, will be successful in leading the implementation of this consensus.
- Deputy PM, FM Minh's full remarks at 25th Int'l Conference on Future of Asia
- Joint Communique of 52nd ASEAN Foreign Ministers' Meeting
- Foreign FMs’ visits to VN in spotlights
- Work-life balance not just a women's issue
- BJP MP, Chhattisgarh CM’s son is man named in offshore accounts leak: Congress
- Solidarity – foundation for successful ASEAN Community
- Highlights in FMs’ visits to VN in 2014
- Remarks by Deputy PM, FM Minh at "Meet Ambassadors from the Middle East and Africa 2019" Conference
- Keynote address by Deputy PM, FM Minh at conference reviewing 20-year participation in APEC
- “Unity in diversity” creates ASEAN identity
- Vietnam contributes to ASEAN’s Politics-Security Community
- London Bay and design partners create user friendly lifestyle at Grandview
- The Masters maintains its majesty
- TZ looks for achieving sustainable industrial development in a balance
- Prime Minister’s speech at Germany’s Koerber Foundation
- International cooperation, important part of Vietnam’s foreign policy
- International integration, important part of Vietnam’s foreign policy
- Enhancing Vietnam - Belarus comprehensive relationship in various fields
- "Vietnam’s Economy Will Grow on Inflation-controlled Foundation”
- The Forbidden City
ASEAN should maintain balanced, harmonious approach to partners: FM Son have 432 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at February 5, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.