According to its latest report on Southeast Asia, HSBC said Thailand will benefit the most from China's reopening. It said further that tourism in Vietnam was also expected to perform well as Chinese tourists account for some 30% of international arrivals to the country.
This month Khanh Hoa Province is expected to have nine charter flights which will bring Chinese visitors to Vietnam after a 3-year suspension due to the pandemic.
Hotels in Hoi An, in the central province of Quang Nam, have also received bookings from Chinese tourists.
Regarding trade, since 2020 ASEAN has surpassed the E.U. to become China's largest trading partner. Last year Vietnam was one of three Southeast Asian countries, along with Indonesia and Malaysia, reporting increases in exports to China.
Vietnam is also benefiting from more favorable trade ties with China because exports no longer have to undergo strict Covid testing.
Concerning FDI, Japan and South Korea are the leading countries in terms of pouring capital into manufacturing in ASEAN states, but China has quickly caught up with Japan to become the largest source of FDI in the region.
Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand have all seen sharp increases in Chinese FDI in production, which previously focused on real estate investment.
Goertek and Luxshare, two of Apple's three main suppliers (besides Taiwan's Foxconn), have poured an additional capital of $400 million and $306 million respectively into expanding production in Vietnam.
This is part of Apple's ongoing expansion in Vietnam, with the most recent move being the relocation of the MacBook supply chain to the country, which is expected to begin production in mid-2023.
HSBC forecast that Chinese direct investment in manufacturing in ASEAN counties in general, and Vietnam in particular, will continue to grow in the near future.
- Vietnam could receive fresh FDI inflow amid COVID-19 epidemic
- The EVFTA’s grand impacts on Vietnam’s industrial sector
- EVFTA’s grand impacts on Vietnam’s industrial sector
- Vietnam to take on a dual role in 2020
- Trade, Security Issues to Dominate Vietnam’s ASEAN Tenure
- Asian stocks sink after oil prices plunge amid virus fears
- Confirmed Wuhan coronavirus cases top 20,000 as China marks deadliest day
- Four die after coronavirus quarantine hotel collapses in China - as officials now say 38 survived disaster following earlier reports that 48 were saved
- How Vietnam sacrifices economy to protect its people?
- Xinhua Headlines: Work resumption in China raises hope for virus-hit European economies
- South Korea suspends visas for Japanese amid tit-for-tat coronavirus curbs
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 15
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 11
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 6
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 10
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 12
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 9
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 13
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 14
- Business searches for confidence upswing
Vietnam’s tourism, trade, FDI rosy amid China’s reopening: HSBC have 444 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 30, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.