Viet Nam remains one of the 10 countries receiving the most remittances in the world, according to the recent Migration and Development Brief by the World Bank and the Global Knowledge Partnership on Migration and Development (KNOMAD).
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic's major impacts on the global economy over the last two years and growing inflation in many countries, remittance flows into Viet Nam remained relatively stable compared to previous years, the report noted.
Total remittances to Viet Nam increased by nearly 5 per cent in 2022 and may go up 3.6-4.5 per cent in the following years after growing 5 per cent in 2021, according to statistics of WB and KNOMAD.
Last year, the value rose about US$1 billion to approximate $19 billion, making the country one of the three biggest recipients in the Asia-Pacific and among the top 10 globally in terms of remittances.
Some banks perceived that the growing remittance inflows will help them not only gain more profits from services but also boost foreign exchange reserves, serving Viet Nam's foreign currency attraction policy.
Among remittance sources, the US houses the largest number of Vietnamese immigrants, followed by the UK, Australia, and Canada. Meanwhile, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan (China) post the most number of workers from Viet Nam. — VNS
- World's biggest aircraft moves toward commercial model
- 10 biggest celebrity weddings of 2018
- Counting down the 10 biggest PA sports stories of 2018
- Tiny Indian state proposes world's biggest experiment with guaranteed income
- The World’s Biggest News Stories Of 2018 In Pictures
- Belize Great Blue Hole: World’s Biggest Ocean Sinkhole Has Plastic at Bottom
- Newmont’s $10B offer would create world’s biggest gold miner
- Milkman-style packaging coming to world’s biggest brands
- The 10 Biggest Houston Pro Sports Stories of 2018
- I swam with 'world's biggest' great white shark
- Australia overtakes Qatar as world's biggest LNG exporter
- World still depends on coal, cheap, plentiful — and dirty
- 24 hours in Reno, the Biggest Little City
- The iconic U.S. company raising the stature of corrupt governments around the world
- Donald Trump’s Biggest Insults to World Leaders in 2018, From Threats of War to Throwing Candy
- Newmont Mining's $10 billion offer would create world's largest gold miner
- AP News in Brief 11-10-18
- Ranked: The World's Most Prosperous, Pleasant, Inclusive, Healthy and Safe Countries
- George H.W. Bush, former president and World War II hero, dies
- World Economic Forum warns of impact of global tensions
Viet Nam among world’s 10 biggest recipients of remittances have 394 words, post on bizhub.vn at January 29, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.