Three people were killed in a shooting at a convenience store in central Washington state early Tuesday (Jan 24), police said, and the suspect has died after an hours-long manhunt.
Police were called to a Circle K in Yakima, Washington, about 3.30am when three people, who have not been identified, were found dead, Chief Matt Murray told reporters.
Two victims were shot inside the store in what authorities said appeared to be a random act of violence, and a third was shot outside.
“It appears to be a random situation. There was no apparent conflict between the parties,” Murray said. “The male just walked in and started shooting.”
After opening fire in the store, the suspect, identified as Jarid Haddock, 21, ran across the street and fired into a vehicle, forcing the driver to move to the passenger seat. The suspect stole the car and fled, police said.
Following an hours-long manhunt, a relative of Haddock called authorities to a location behind warehouses where Haddock was hiding. Gunshots were heard while police approached and a man who identified himself as Haddock was found wounded, Murray said.
No officers were injured or used any force, he added.
Haddock died of his injuries at the scene.
Yakima is a city of about 97,000 people in Washington’s Yamika Valley, an agricultural region known for apple crops and wineries.
- Three women, suspect dead in California hostage standoff
- Police respond to rumours of gunfire at college in Washington state
- French police shoot dead 'Islamic State' gunman who killed 3 and injured 16 hostages in supermarket
- Florida mass shooting suspect booked into jail on 17 counts of murder
- Florida students return to school two weeks after shooting massacre
- No safe haven as shootings rock US schools
- US warns law enforcement partners of spreading Islamic State threat
- Teen arrested for ‘killing parents’ in Michigan University shooting
- Twitter user shares chilling tale of nearly being killed by armed officers in grocery store raid
- Florida shooting suspect in court after 17 killed in school massacre
- President Trump proposes more guns to stop school shooting massacres
- Florida gunman took just seven minutes to kill 17 people
- First picture of girl, 15, killed in Kentucky school shooting
- Florida school shooting suspect 'expelled for having bullets in his rucksack'
- Tributes pour in for students and teachers killed in school shooting
- More than 1,000 gather for candlelight vigil after Florida shooting
- Gunman shoots dead two security guards at Las Vegas casino
- Armed officer at Florida school shooting 'never confronted gunman'
- 4 dead, 5 wounded in Kansas shooting
- Man killed in Belfast shooting
Shooting at Washington state convenience store kills 3, suspect dead have 410 words, post on www.asiaone.com at January 25, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.