During a working session with ministries, agencies, localities and stakeholders of the project after making a fact-finding trip earlier the same day to the construction site, he assigned them to responsibility for the work under their watch and solve existing issues.
The Government has directed the establishment of a working group led by Deputy Prime Minister Tran Hong Ha to oversee and speed up the project, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh revealed.
At the construction site, he asked ministries, agencies, localities and investor to hasten the implementation of the project, with quality guaranteed.
Covering a total area of more than 5,580 hectares, the Long Thanh international airport will spread across six communes in Long Thanh district, Dong Nai province. The airport's total investment is VND 336.63 trillion (USD 14.6 billion), with construction divided into three phases.
In the first phase, a runway and one passenger terminal along with other supporting facilities will be built at a cost of VND 109.112 trillion to serve 25 million passengers and 1.2 million tons of cargo each year.
The project started in 2021. Once fully completed by 2050, the airport will be able to handle 100 million passengers and 5 million tons of cargo annually.
Located 40km East of Ho Chi Minh City, the airport is expected to relieve overloading at Tan Son Nhat international airport in the Southern metropolis, now the country's largest airport.
- Faster pace required for Long Thanh airport plan
- Dong Nai to speed up site clearance for Long Thanh airport project
- Site clearance for Long Thanh airport needs nearly 23 trillion VND
- Dong Nai suggests expanding HCM City-Long Thanh-Dau Giay expressway
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison warns Australians of coronavirus lockdown as Italy’s death toll soars by 651 in a day
- Expansion proposed for HCMC-Long Thanh-Dau Giay Expy
- Dong Nai suggests expanding HCM City - Long Thanh - Dau Giay expressway
- Rebecca Long-Bailey says she would abolish the House of Lords as prime minister
- Prime minister Jeremy Corbyn: the first 100 days
- London is a 'few weeks ahead' in the coronavirus outbreak, Prime Minister Boris Johnson reveals
- Video Shows Packed London Train System One Day After Prime Minister Declares Nationwide Lockdown
- Punch and Judy Politics review – the unique ordeal of Prime Minister’s Questions
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe finally admits postponing the Tokyo Olympics may be 'inevitable' as Canada and Australia pull out of the games due to coronavirus fears
- Olympics delay suggested by Donald Trump rejected by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
- British nationals will be BANNED from France if Boris Johnson does not adopt the same coronavirus policies as the EU, the French prime minister warns
- PIERS MORGAN: Boris Johnson’s shameful dangerous dithering will have already cost a lot of British lives – lock the country down NOW, Prime Minister, before coronavirus runs us over
- 20 years of miserable conditions as commune waits to make way for airport
- Đồng Nai to speed up capital disbursement, site clearance for Long Thành int'l airport project
- First coronavirus death in Russia: Woman, 79, with diabetes and heart problems dies in hospital
- Vietnam takes samples for coronavirus test at airports
Problems must be settled for Long Thanh airport construction: Prime Minister have 494 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 30, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.