Co-organized by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, the Ministry of National Defense and Hanoi municipal authorities, the tree-planting festival started a series of activities nationwide for the program "For a green Vietnam" with an aim to plant 22.5 million trees this year.
Speaking at the event, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh recalled that 64 years ago, President Ho Chi Minh called on the entire people to respond to the tree-planting month which has become a tradition every lunar new year since then.
According to him, Vietnam's forest coverage expanded from 28% in 1990 to over 42% in 2022, absorbing over 70 million tons of carbon dioxide.
The PM highlighted Vietnam’s commitment to achieve net zero by 2050 and expressed his belief that the tree-planting campaign 2023 will produce positive achievements, helping the country deliver its commitment and contributing to national development.
At the launch ceremony, he joined delegates in planting 3,000 trees at the relic site.
- Orthodox New Year and a brief history of the Julian calendar
- 36.8 million trees planted under greening campaign
- PM Modi urges states to clear dues of power sector companies; launches 2 green hydrogen plants
- The Prime Minister insists he's willing to take a risk on a referendum, to 'uplift our whole nation'
- POLL: Who should be the next Prime Minister? VOTE NOW
- Who will be the next British Prime Minister? All you need to know
- Next Prime Minister: Truss and Sunak handed major Tory lifeline in bombshell new poll
- 'Sound money' Rishi Sunak bids to become UK's first Hindu prime minister
- New UK Prime Minister To Replace Boris Johnson To Be Announced On September 5
- Brits want singer Rick Astley to be the new Prime Minister because he will never...
- Rishi Sunak bids to become UK's first Hindu Prime Minister
- Thai Prime Minister Tells Farmers Government Trying to Solve Problem of Dropping Rice Prices
- Eight candidates qualify in race to be next U.K. Prime Minister
- Next Prime Minister results - When will we know who wins the Tory leadership race?
- Rishi Sunak's key supporters in the campaign to become the UK's next Prime Minister
- After Months of Exile, Yemeni Government, Prime Minister Return to Aden
- Tory members must get a vote on whether the Prime Minister's resignation should be torn up, writes LORD CRUDDAS
- POLL: Who was Britain's best Prime Minister in past 40 years?
- Margaret Thatcher voted Britain's best Prime Minister over Boris Johnson – ‘no contest!’
- Explained: Leaders in the race to become UK’s next prime minister
Prime Minister launches New Year tree-planting festival have 398 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 20, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.