Hanoi (VNA) – Prague Airport in the Czech Republic is planning to launch new direct air routes to North America and Asia, including Chicago (US) and Vietnam.
Jiří Pos, Chairman of the Board of Prague Airport said that the airport is considering the launch of flights from Prague to Vietnam, by partnering with either Vietnam Airlines or Bamboo Airways .
There could also be another round of talks with Qatar Airlines in February for a route to Doha, he added.
The airport is negotiating the renewal of the route to Newark with United Airlines. Discussions are also taking place with American Airlines about restoring the route to Philadelphia.
Pos said that the airport is talking to some US partners about a direct service connecting Prague and Chicago, adding that the airport also hopes to resume direct flights to Canada, specifically to Toronto and Montreal with potential partners being Air Canada or Air Transat.
At the same time, Prague Airport is also interested in destinations in Asia, including China, India, Japan, Singapore, the Republic of Korea, and Mongolia, along with destinations in Europe, he revealed.
Before the COVID-19 pandemic broke out, Prague Airport handled 65% of inbound and outbound passengers in the country in 2019./.
- Hanoi-HCMC world’s second busiest domestic air route
- Quy Nhơn Port opens transport service route to Northeast Asia
- Gatwick Airport will open coronavirus testing facility this month offering 'fast and accurate' swab tests for passengers with next-day results
- Vietnam suspends inbound flights, pending official quarantine procedures
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 26 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 22 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 17
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 14
- Vietnam Airlines starts operations in Russia’s Sheremetyevo airport
- Planned nonstop flight to boost already rising Indian arrivals to Vietnam: insider
- Vietnam PM green-lights resumption of commercial flights to Thailand
- Wizz Air soars to record profits as Brexit effect fails to materialise
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 20 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 25 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 16 (updated hourly)
- Allen Onyema To Buhari: You saved Nigeria’s economy by suspending Air Nigeria
- Vietnam Airlines proposes Gov’t financial support to overcome difficulties
- Mandarin airlines opens new route to Vietnam
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 24 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 21 (updated hourly)
Prague Airport wants to open direct air routes to Vietnam have 361 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 28, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.