Can Tho (VNA) – Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh on January 30 examined the progress of key transport project s in the Mekong Delta.
Visiting a construction site of My Thuan 2 Bridge that crosses the Tien River and connects the Trung Luong-My Thuan and My Thuan-Can Tho expressways between HCM City and Can Tho, he asked constructors to speed up work, ensure the quality of the construction, labour safety and pay proper care to workers' living conditions.
With a total investment of over 5 trillion VND (USD 213.22 million), the construction of the 6.61-km bridge was started in March 2020 and is expected to complete this year. By now, more than 70% of the work has been completed.
The leader added localities must proactively build intersections, organise traffic routes connecting to the bridge and the expressways to exploit new development space.
At the construction site of a section of the eastern North-South Expressway that runs through Can Tho and Hau Giang, Chinh applauded workers for their efforts in their through the Lunar New Year (Tet) festival.
For more efficient infrastructure development, the PM ordered that ministries, branches, and localities actively coordinate in site clearance work, and consider inland waterway transport development as well as human resources training to prepare for a new period when infrastructure is invested.
Improved infrastructure will help reduce transport costs and increase the competitiveness of goods and services in the Mekong Delta , contributing to the socio-economic development of the region and the whole country, Chinh said.
The same day, PM Chinh visited the resettlement area in Cai Rang district, Can Tho city. The 10.8-ha area is now home to households who moved to make room for the construction of the Can Tho – Ca Mau expressway that belongs to the eastern North-South expressway project.
He asked local authorities to ensure proper livelihood and living conditions for the residents in the resettlement area./.
- Vi Thuy residents in Mekong Delta determine to keep betel growing
- PM allows rice export resumption from May 1
- PM orders careful oversight of Trung Lương- Mỹ Thuận Expressway work
- Disbursement of VND410 billion for Trung Luong-My Thuan Expressway project stalled
- Airport hub set for Yangtze Delta
- PM urges traffic safety during upcoming holiday
- Experts’ inputs to PM nod: What shapes govt guidelines
- Urban rail projects to keep Chinese economy chugging along
- Top priority given to post-COVID-19 economic recovery, says PM
- Streets from Saigon to neighboring provinces choked with congestion as holiday starts
- Public investment, a fulcrum for GDP growth
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 1
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 28
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 5
- Export of rice allowed to return to normal
- Feature: Engineers brave pandemic, pacing up China-Laos railway construction
- HCM City moves closer to smart city model
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News — May 4
- Coronavirus: US hits one million virus cases as British Airways slashes jobs
- How to mitigate the health disaster of air pollution - can the successful Vietnamese Covid response teach us some lessons?
PM inspects key transport project in Mekong Delta have 531 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 30, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.