“It’s not just the coffee,” said the American magazine, “but the hundreds of handwritten notes that adorn most every surface.”
Located at 64 Luong Van Can Street right next to Hoan Kiem (Sword) Lake in the heart of Hanoi, the entire coffee shop is covered with colorful post-it notes written by its customers.
The notes are mainly inspirational quotes or comments about the lessons of life left by visitors from around the world.
The three-story café attracts passers-by with its red signboard, views of Hoan Kiem Lake and nearby pedestrian zone.
“Make sure to try a cup of egg coffee, which is more delicious than it sounds,” Newsweek recommended.
In addition to signature egg coffee, the café serves fresh juice, smoothies, snacks and sweet cakes with prices ranging from VND30,000-50,000 ($1.28-$2.13).
The list also included Coffee 101 in Colombia, Majestic Café in Portugal, Café Sofa in the Czech Republic, Blacklist Coffee Roasters in Australia and The Roastery by Nozy Coffee in Japan.
- Shanghai found to be city with most coffee shops in the world
- Shanghai seizes title of coffee capital
- Hanoi dormitory cafe harks back to bygone subsidy era
- Residents say Hanoi a good place to live despite high living cost
- Phnom Penh to extend curfew for another two weeks
- Strategist Chats: The Making of Natural-Hair Week
- Hanoi heat wave: xe om falters as iced tea prospers
- Tassimo happy coffee machine by Bosch is now £30 – saving you £70
- A special Tet holiday in the eyes of a German expert in Hanoi
- I went to hospital with agonising period pains – but was actually 41 weeks pregnant and in LABOUR
- Wildflowers - Chu Dang Ya Volcano Week opens in Gia Lai
- First e-magazine in Vietnam charge readers: Possible trend in country?
- World Insights: Europeans celebrate Easter in lockdown amid new wave of COVID-19 infections
- Fort Ligonier Reopening 7 Days A Week Is Light At The End Of The Tunnel For People In Latrobe
- Meghan Markle's favourite candle brand launches new collection: Shop the diptyque City Collection
- 5 digital nomad retreats to help you work around the world
- Vaccinating Asia: How does world's largest continent immunise 4.5 billion people in shortest time possible?
- World Art Day: 8 Singapore artists you should check out
- World News in Brief: April 10
- World News in Brief: April 19
Hanoi coffee shop among world's quirkiest: US weekly magazine have 360 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 28, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.