Diesel prices increased by VND890 to VND22,520 per liter and mazut oil prices surged by VND570 to VND13,930 per kilogram.
Oil prices rose about 2% last Thursday on expectations that global demand will strengthen as top oil importer China reopens its economy and on positive U.S. economic data, according to CNBC .
Brent futures rose $1.35, or 1.6%, to settle at $87.47 a barrel, while U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude rose 86 cents, or 1.1%, to settle at $81.01.
During the seven-day Tet holidays which began January 20, several stations in Ho Chi Minh City and An Giang Province also shut down.
According to market management statistics, about a dozen gas stations in Ho Chi Minh City closed during Tet.
But the HCMC Directorate of Market Surveillance claimed that only a few out of the over 550 stations in the city shut down and only because their staff left for their hometowns for the holidays.
Fuel supply remains steady, it added.
Some gas stations have been fined for selling at higher prices and shutting down without an appropriate reason.
The country's largest refinery, Nghi Son, cut production by 25% earlier this month due to a technical issue, which it fixed by January 15 .
- U.S. retail gasoline prices jump after Saudi oil attacks
- UPDATE 2-S.Korea steps up housing regulations to curb price surge
- House price surge in Sydney and Melbourne drags national index higher
- Sensex rises 150 points, Nifty tops 11,950 amid firm global cues
- Rupee pares gains to close flat at 70.83 against dollar on crude price surge
- Sensex jumps 280 points, Nifty nears 12,050 amid firm global cues
- Rupee Rises 33 Paise to 70.50 Against US Dollar in Early Trade Amid Positive Global Cues
- Palm oil prices surge 40% in a year
- 10-year yield surges 5 bps to close at 12-week high
- U.S. producer prices tepid; jobless claims at more than two-year high
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks extend gains after Fed keeps rates on hold; oil falls
- Rising food and fuel prices hoist UK inflation rate to 2.3%
- Mortgages, savings, pensions: is it all change for interest rates?
- Oil prices gain as OPEC revises deficit forecast
- Oil prices rise on OPEC deficit forecast
- Rupee opens higher at 70.75 per dollar
- Oil prices stabilise on Opec supply deficit forecast
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Shares gain, but doubts linger on U.S.-China deal, oil rises
- Gold prices rise Rs 71, silver jumps Rs 359
- Petrol price rises becoming less shocking, RAA warns, as unleaded passes $1.60 per litre
Gasoline prices surge amid higher global rates have 407 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 30, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.