Foreign suppliers have paid taxes worth VND1.8 trillion (US$76.7 million) via the official portal serving their operations in Viet Nam.
Of the sum, Meta (Facebook) contributed 34.5 million EUR, Google $28.8 million, and Apple VND174 billion.
The General Department of Taxation's portal https://etaxvn.gdt.gov.vn/nccnn/Reques was exclusively developed for foreign suppliers and put in place on March 21 last year.
So far, it has seen 45 suppliers registering and paying taxes.
The General Department of Taxation said that this was a very good signal in the co-ordination of tax declaration and collection between Vietnamese tax authorities and foreign suppliers right from the beginning of the new year.
This shows the trust, prestige and serious observance of tax laws by foreign suppliers for e-commerce and digital-based business activities in the territory of Viet Nam.
The total tax collected through the electronic portal for foreign suppliers is VND3.4 trillion as of the end of last year.
Notably, six suppliers including Google, Facebook, Microsoft, TikTok, Netflix, and Apple – the units that hold the majority of market share in e-commerce service revenue doing business on cross-border digital platforms in Viet Nam – have registered, declared and paid tax in Viet Nam.
However, besides the above figures, tax administration for e-commerce activities and business on digital platforms still faces many challenges for the tax industry. — VNS
- Makati padlocks Smart HQ over unpaid taxes worth P3.2 billion
- Tax revenue jumps 16.7 per cent in the first two months
- Budget revenues from taxes up 16.7% in two months
- Top Tax-Related Takeaways From Biden’s Budget Proposal
- Hyundai supplier plans USD 67 mn Georgia plant, 400 jobs
- Trump Wrote Off $100 Million in Losses in 2005, Leaked Forms Show
- Foreign investment in HCM City up 43% in two months
- Foreign investment in HCM City up 43 per cent in two months
- HCM City foreign investment surges by 43.1 per cent in first 2 months
- Hidden in the Senate Tax Bill: Surprise Gifts for Breweries and Start-Ups
- How to File Your Individual Tax Returns in Indonesia
- Some States Are Moving to Loosen Their Estate Taxes
- Oscars ‘Free’ Gifts Draw $46k Tax Bill From IRS + $16k From California
- Jeremy Hunt urged to help savers as more people ‘become liable to tax'
- Jeremy Hunt net worth: How much the Tory Chancellor has made
- WTA Receives $150 Million Private Equity Investment
- Martin Lewis gives major update on chances of energy bills NOT going up in April – and it could save millions money
- Full list of free cash, discounts and freebies you can get on state pension worth up to £6,400
- Six pensioner state benefits pay up to £5k but millions don't even know. Can you claim?
- Bac Giang leads foreign investment attraction in Jan-Feb
Foreign suppliers have paid taxes worth $76.7 million via official portal have 432 words, post on bizhub.vn at January 30, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.