According to CPP spokesperson Sok Eysan, on the first day, following an opening speech of CPP Honorary President Samdech Heng Samrin , participants will review the party’s work in the 2018-2023 period and sketch out directions and tasks for 2023.
The congress’s agenda also includes CPP policies in national construction and defence in the 2023-2028 period and tasks for the general election slated for July 23.
CPP President and Prime Minister of Cambodia Samdech Techo Hun Sen will address the event.
Earlier, in a speech at a graduation ceremony of Western University in Phnom Penh, CPP President Hun Sen said the extraordinary congress is held to build a policy framework for the 2023-2028 period, with the participation of district officials who will give their opinions on policy directions of the party in the next five years.
The congress draws nearly 3,560 local and central delegates across Cambodia.
CPP is the largest political party of Cambodia , which has been ruling the country for the past six tenures. In the fifth communal election in 2022, the party won 9,376 seats, including 1,648 out of 1,652 leading positions in communes and wards nationwide.
The party is expected to release a statement on the outcomes of the congress after its conclusion./.
- 12th National Congress of Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union opens in Hanoi
- Will AAP Get By With a Little Help from Gujarat? How Kejriwal’s Party Can Go National Before 2024 | Explained
- South African president's future considered by ruling party
- AAP-titude Test Score: Handsome Debut but for Party's Claims, ‘National Tag’ A Plus
- South Africa's ANC party opens key conference amid scandal
- S African Prez Ramaphosa gets lifeline as ruling party stands by him despite scandal
- South Africa's ruling party stands by leader despite scandal
- Party delegation attends African National Congress’s national conference
- Party leader requires youths nationwide to promote pioneering role
- South Africa’s Corruption Inquiry Leaves Few of the Nation’s Powerful Unscathed
- Vietnamese Party delegation attends Tanzanian Party’s Congress
- Gujarat Elections: Congress Launches Poll Manifesto; AAP Announces Candidates for 3 More Seats
- Exit polls predict BJP ahead of Congress in Himachal in a tight contest
- Congress surge in Himachal trends: Party ahead on 40 of 68 seats; BJP wins 1, leads on 26
- PM Sher Bahadur Deuba's ruling Nepali Congress emerges single largest party in Nepal polls
- Wrong for Congress to claim freedom movement legacy, it is now 'Italian Congress': BJP
- Gujarat Polls: Only 139 Women Candidates In The Lot Of 1,621 Contestants, 38 From Major Parties
- Winter session: Government likely to propose 16 bills in Parliament, Congress to discuss border issue with China
- Wrong for Congress to Claim Freedom Movement Legacy, it is Now 'Italian Congress': BJP
- 'We Did Not Have Great Expectations In Gujarat': Chidambaram On Congress's Loss
Cambodia's ruling party opens extraordinary national congress have 455 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 28, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.