Pallas said the presence of a carrier from Southeast Asia is a victory of Victoria state's economy and brings job opportunities to the locality, reflecting the state's tourism and export strengths.
VietJet will run three direct weekly flights from Ho Chi Minh City to Melbourne airport from April and will develop it into a daily service in December 2024. Its flights are expected to bring more than 136,000 passengers to Melbourne each year and add 97 million USD annually to the state’s economy.
VietJet will be the second Vietnamese airline to operate flights to Melbourne since after the COVID-19 pandemic. Previously, Vietnam’s new-generation Bamboo Airways also launched the service in April 2022.
Vietnam is now the ninth largest importer of Victoria state, with 113 million AUD (80.5 million USD) worth of Australian goods transported via airway during 2021-2022, up 77% compared to 2020-2021.
Victoria state is also a popular tourist and study destination for Vietnamese. About 9,500 Vietnamese students are currently studying at its educational institutions. Before the pandemic, about 53,500 Vietnamese visitors arrived in Victoria, or nearly half of all Vietnamese arrivals in Australia in 2019.
- Get there: top places to holiday in Australia in 2015
- Fire bans, smoky cities and thunderstorm asthma warnings as Australia's east coast swelters
- WA Budget 2017: Gold miners re-thinking jobs, investment over State Government royalty hike
- Legs eleven out of ten! Victoria's Secret model Shanina Shaik flaunts her trim pins in a top and mini skirt ensemble at Puma x Balmain event
- What a lineup! The top five Australian Victoria's Secret models of all time - and the stunning newcomers storming the famed runway for the first time
- Massive bush fires, horrendous heat and worsening drought plague Australia as summer nears
- Air India starts direct flights from Sydney, Melbourne
- Peek-a-boo! Victoria's Secret model Alannah Walton cuts a sleek figure as in a lacy black bra and matching suit at the Angels book launch during MBFWA
- Perth-bound Group 1 contenders stranded in Melbourne after fuel leak grounds charter flight
- Australia's bushfire crisis reaches new terrifying heights as Victoria issues a CODE RED alert and NSW braces for lightning strikes to spark more blazes
- From Alaska to Australia, anxious observers fear mass shearwater deaths
- How an Aussie scientist came up with the idea of the black box flight recorder
- Apocalyptic scenes in country Victoria as entire city turns orange from incredible dust storm
- Robyn Lawley wows in angel wings for all-inclusive lingerie campaign alongside Hayley Hasselhoff... after boycotting Victoria's Secret show for their failure to use plus-size models
- Australia v South Africa: The young batsmen who could be the answer to our cricketing conundrum
- 'Son of Concorde': New supersonic passenger jet being designed by Nasa could slash flight times to Australia in HALF within the next decade
- Federal Government launches new visa scheme requiring immigrants to live in regional areas
- Qantas Sale: Airline Celebrates Centenary With $100 Tickets From U.S. to Australia
- Criminals faking Malaysian identities to obtain Australia visas, exploiting cosy international relationship
- Elon Musk: Falcon 9 launch failure "a huge blow to SpaceX"
Australia’s Victoria state pins hope on Vietjet’s launch of flights have 486 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 16, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.