HCM City (VNA) – The Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry ( VCCI )’s Branch in Ho Chi Minh City and Intrinsic Innovations Vietnam – a non-profit incubator based in Alberta, Canada – co-organised a workshop on Vietnam-Canada investment opportunities in the southern economic hub on December 2.
Canada is currently Vietnam’s second largest trading partner in the American market, while Vietnam is Canada’s largest trading partner in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). Since the establishment of their comprehensive partnership in 2017, trade turnover between the two countries has increased strongly, recording more than double-digit growth over the years.
Between 2017 and 2021, the bilateral import-export value rose from 3.5 billion USD to 6.03 billion USD. In the first seven months of 2022, the figure stood at over 4.27 billion USD.
VCCI Vice President Vo Tan Thanh said Vietnam has great potential in supplying items such as textiles, garments, footwear, farm produce, and wooden products to the Canadian market, while Canada is a reliable manufacturer of such items as machinery, and raw materials for industrial production.
Although trade between the two nations has made positive progress, it is still not commensurate with the potential of their relationship, Thanh noted, suggesting the two sides tackle hurdles and facilitate their enterprises' access to the respective markets.
CEO of Intrinsic Innovations Vietnam Tuan Le said an advantage of Vietnam in approaching the Canadian market is a community of more than 260,000 Vietnam ese expatriates there.
Oversea Vietnamese in Canada have been making important contributions to the Canadian economy and connecting the two countries, he added.
Brent Jensen, investment and trade director at Edmonton Global, a Canadian-based FDI and international business development agency, recommended Vietnamese firms take advantage of incentives to approach and learn about cooperation opportunities in fields of their advantages such as agriculture, education, and vocational training, thereby exploiting the potential of the North American market./.
- Corporations choose Vietnam for investments, land prices increase
- Vietnam, Slovakia seek opportunities to promote cooperation, investment
- Workshop spotlights blockchain technology in digital identification
- Renewable energy offers investment opportunities in Vietnam
- Francophone delegation seeks trade, investment opportunities in Vietnam
- Opportunities for Vietnam-Canada economic, trade cooperation
- Vietnam calls for Canada recognition of vaccine passport
- Vietnam-India trade: exploring new market
- Opportunities for private firms to invest in Vietnam’s airports
- Vietnam is among top expansion destinations for Indian companies
- Vietnam Days in UK 2022 kicked off
- Vietnam – 1st destination for Francophone businesses
- ‘Vietnam Days in the UK 2022’ to kick off next week
- Vietnam, Malaysia deepen relationship post-pandemic
- Vaccination certs, trade and investment among issues to discuss during PM's visit to Vietnam
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 23
- Ho Chi Minh City offers abundant opportunities for Francophone businesses: official
- Vietnam’s tourism policies need to be more open, consistent
- Bamboo Airways launches regular nonstop Vietnam-UK route from March 22
- Travel fair helps to kick-start Vietnam's tourism sector
Workshop spotlights Vietnam-Canada investment opportunities have 462 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 2, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.