Tay Ninh (VNA) – Construction of a wastewater treatment plant partly funded by Italy’s official development assistance (ODA) in the southern province of Tay Ninh commenced on November 29.
Covering an area of 63,462 sq.m in Tay Ninh city with a design capacity of 5,000 cu.m per day, the project consists of two main items – a wastewater treatment plant and a wastewater collection pipeline system.
The first phase of the project will cost over 335 billion VND (over 13.5 million USD).
Addressing the groundbreaking ceremony, Vice Chairman of the provincial People's Committee Duong Van Thang highlighted the significance of the project for the locality as well as people living in Tay Ninh city in particular.
Once completed, the plant will collect and treat all wastewater from households in wards 1, 2, 3, 4 and a part of Hiep Ninh ward in Tay Ninh city.
The plant's capacity is expected to increase to 10,000 cu.m in the second phase.
He said the project is hoped to help improve the living conditions for about 150,000 local residents, improve local sanitary conditions, reduce infectious diseases and environmental pollution in Tay Ninh city.
Recently, Italy has helped Vietnam to implement bilateral projects in areas of environmental protection and disaster risk reduction, health care, water resource management, urban water supply and drainage, and improving competitiveness of Vietnamese small and medium sized enterprises with a total funding of over 110 million EUR with 90 million EUR provided by Italy, according to the diplomat./.
- US Steel shuts down Indiana plant after wastewater discharge
- Explainer: Everything you need to know about wastewater testing in NZ
- Raw sewage, shin-deep, oozes in streets, homes when Baton Rouge plant fails: 'It's so nasty'
- This state's wastewater testing is so good that other parts of the world are following suit
- Manawatu River Leaders' Accord wraps up $5.2 million of work
- Ford to build plants in Tennessee and Kentucky for electric vehicles and lithium-ion batteries
- Respect Life Week Starts Sunday: Mokena Village Board
- World Vegetarian Day 2021: Know the Five Benefits of a Plant-based Diet
- Positive coronavirus cases detected in SA wastewater and in hotel quarantine
- Luxury brand pushes rethink on 'alarming' harbour wastewater plan
- Quang Yen town works to help Quang Ninh achieve double-digit growth
- Why are there scheduled maintenance work for water assets?
- Family Who Lost 2 Dogs to Sago Palms Wants Pet Owners to Know About the Toxic, Prevalent Plant
- Gardening: Are your plants 'dead' or 'dormant'? Expert shares 'obvious' way to check
- Coronavirus treatment: Could CBD help with COVID-19? Results of new study revealed
- Fire Damages Dunedin Water Plant Following $32M Renovations
- Maintenance work of critical assets at LRA SSP1 scheduled to complete at 11pm Oct 13, says Air Selangor
- Chip companies find a way to utilize wastewater components
- Memorable days for volunteer medics at COVID-19 treatment field hospital in HCM City
- [Advertorial] New Eye treatment Remedy that Reverses Glaucoma, Cataracts and Improves Vision In Few weeks!
Work starts on wastewater treatment plant in Tay Ninh have 497 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 29, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.