According to the city's ODA project management board, the project costs over 9.1 trillion VND (395.6 million USD) and is scheduled for completion in June 2024, aiming to protect the city centre (Ninh Kieu and Binh Thuy districts) from the risk of flooding while improving connectivity with newly developed urban areas and key traffic infrastructure.
Several priority areas of the project have already been put into use.
As of November 28, 53.33% of official development assistance earmarked for the year had been disbursed.
Vice Chairman of the provincial People's Committee Nguyen Van Hong asked the board, Ninh Kieu district, departments and agencies to complete site clearance before December 31, and no later than March 2023 for the recent two new bidding packages.
The board suggested WB experts help with procedures related to bidding packages under the project, and assist the city in accessing new ODA-funding in the fields of climate change response, clean water supply and modern urban management in line with the Politburo's Resolution on building and developing Can Tho to 2030 with a vision to 2045.
- HCM City develops new flood-prevention plan for rainy season
- KOICA funds disaster risk reduction project in Da Nang
- Work accelerated for HCM City’s first metro line
- Ministry embarks on Cai Lon-Cai Be irrigation project to solve saltwater problem
- Conference spotlights AI development in HCM City
- Smart cities require innovation, startup ecosystem
- PPP investment model helps improve quality of healthcare service: experts
- Novaland to develop Cần Thơ tourism projects
- EXCLUSIVE: Billionaire Mohamed Hadid looks glum as California judge inspects his Bel Air mega mansion, days after prosecutors and neighbors called for the half-finished 'eyesore' to be demolished
- High land prices hinder Khanh Hoa from attracting new projects
- HCM City's flood prevention projects need to be reworked: experts
- Blockchain technology vital in building smart city
- HVACR Vietnam expo opens in HCM City
- How Can You Build A Smart City?
- City snapping up site for affordable housing in the Mission
- Experts warn of trade fraud risks in wood industry
- Gurugram developers upbeat about Rs 25,000 cr stress fund announced by govt
- Budget 2010: what the experts say
- Pune’s Rs. 1,000 Cr riverfront project approved by state committee
- Incredible video brings a long-lost medieval city in South Africa back to life after it was destroyed by civil war two centuries ago
WB experts inspect Can Tho city development project have 366 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 22, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.