Nghe An (VNA) – Nearly 200 leaders of villages in 10 Vietnamese and 10 Laos localities along the shared border on December 7 visited the Kim Lien Relic Site in President Ho Chi Minh's hometown of Nam Dan district of the central province of Nghe An, where they paid tribute to the late leader who laid the foundation for the special ties between Vietnam and Laos.
Visiting the Lang Sen (Sen Village) relic cluster, the hometown of President Ho Chi Minh, they were moved by stories about the life and revolutionary career of the Vietnamese leader, and his devotion to the friendship and solidarity between Vietnam and Laos.
Boun Thong, a village chief from Laos' Xiangkhouang province, said that visiting the homeland of President Ho Chi Minh is a dream that comes true for him. He expressed his warm sentiments to the late leader who he described as a symbol of the Vietnam-Laos friendship .
Meanwhile, Thammavong Khola from Houaphan province said that Lao people have always had special sentiments for President Ho Chi Minh in particular and Vietnam in general.
After that, the delegates visited President Ho Chi Minh Memorial House, which is a gift from the Lao government to Nghe An. The site is keeping objects and images of President Ho Chi Minh and his close ties with the Party and State of Laos, especially President Kaysone Phomvihan and Prince Suphanuvong during the tirelessly struggle for peace of the two peoples.
Later the same day, the delegates visited the Nghe An Museum.
Earlier on December 6, the village chiefs attended a conference to raise knowledge about policies and laws related to the Vietnam- Laos border./.
- Party leader offers incense in commemoration of late President Ho Chi Minh
- Slovakia’s town keeps memorabilia on President Ho Chi Minh
- Exhibition showcases President Ho Chi Minh's guard force
- NA Chairman offers incense in tribute to late President Ho Chi Minh
- State leaders pay tribute to President Ho Chi Minh ahead of Tet
- Spring Book Street Festival 2023 opens in Ho Chi Minh City
- Nguyen Hue Flower Street in Ho Chi Minh City opens
- Youngsters clean up canals in Ho Chi Minh City
- RoK parliament speaker hails Ho Chi Minh City’s contribution to Vietnam-RoK ties
- Cu Chi Tunnels popular tourist attraction in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City food enterprises hope expansion is key
- Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City among world's top 25 trending destinations in 2023: TripAdvisor
- Diplomats of G4 countries visit Ho Chi Minh City-based Village Chance
- Vietnamese people eager to celebrate Lunar New Year
- Speaker of RoK National Assembly concludes official visit to Vietnam
- State President attends Homeland Spring program 2023
- Vietnamese Poetry Day to take place in Hanoi
- Dich Diep Trang millennium-old village in northern Vietnam
- Hanoi’s leaders pay tribute to ancestors on Tet
- Vietnamese embark on global living journies
Vietnamese, Lao village leaders visit President Ho Chi Minh’s hometown have 468 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 7, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.