On behalf of the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense, Senior Colonel Pham Manh Thang congratulated the Ambassador, Defense Attaché, and other officials and employees of the embassy on the occasion of the important event of the Lao people.
At the meeting, Senior Colonel Pham Manh Thang emphasized that the great friendship, special solidarity, and comprehensive cooperation between Vietnam and Laos are invaluable common assets and an important factor in the development of the two countries. He said that the Party, State, Government, military and people of Vietnam are always grateful for the support of the Lao Party, State, Government, military and people in the struggle for national independence and reunification in the past as well as current national construction and defense cause.
According to him, over the past time, the Vietnam – Laos relations have constantly developed strongly, bringing practical benefits to the two peoples. In particular, defense cooperation has always been an important pillar and been promoted by senior military leaders of the two countries.
On the basis of the Protocol and the annual cooperation plan, defense cooperation has developed in an intensive, practical, and effective manner in such fields as Party and political work, security and order protection in border areas, building of clusters of villages, and personnel training.
Notably, in the “Vietnam – Laos, Laos – Vietnam Friendship Year 2022” to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations (September 5, 1962 – 2022) and the 45th anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Amity and Cooperation (July 18, 1977 – 2022) between the two countries, the two defense ministries have organized many practical activities, contributing to strengthening the special, faithful, pure relationship between Vietnam and Laos.
For his part, Lao Ambassador to Vietnam Sengphet Houngboungnuang thanked the delegation of the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense for the visit on this important occasion. He emphasized that the visit was a great encouragement for the staff of the Lao Embassy in Vietnam to well perform their duties.
Ambassador Sengphet Houngboungnuang highlighted the fruitful Vietnam – Laos special and unique relationship, which was built by President Ho Chi Minh, President Kaysone Phomvihane, and President Souphanouvong, and cultivated by generations of leaders of the two parties, two states and two peoples.
The diplomat stated that the Lao Party, State, Government, troops and people are always grateful to the Vietnamese Party, State, Government, troops and people for standing shoulder to shoulder in the struggle for national independence and unification in the past as well as in current national construction and defense cause.
The Lao ambassador expressed his delight at the stronger cooperation between the two defense ministries over the past time and highly appreciated the two ministries for actively organizing activities during the “Vietnam – Laos, Laos – Vietnam Friendship Year 2022,” making practical contribution to consolidating and strengthening the great friendship, special solidarity, and comprehensive cooperation between the two countries.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Vietnamese Embassy in Israel celebrates National Day
- Vietnam’s National Day celebrated in Kuala Lumpur
- Party leader assures Vietnam's greater efforts to reinforce ties with Laos
- Vietnamese Ambassador to US welcomes Mormon Church representatives
- Vietnamese Embassy in Laos honoured with Labour Order
- Vietnam-Laos judicial ties help protect shared border: Lao PM
- Rainbow flag movements make inroads in Vietnamese
- Vietnam offers US$200,000 aid to Laos after dam disaster
- Third time lucky for Vietnamese student whose US visa application rejected twice
- Death toll rises as Palestinians protests U.S. opening embassy in Jerusalem
- South Korea waives visa application fee for Vietnamese tourists
- Mexican defence chief receives new Vietnamese Ambassador
- Vietnamese international outbound travel boom
- Vietnamese people in Cambodia celebrate Chol Chnam Thmay
- Death of a Statesman: Amos Gitai debuts chronicle of ‘Rabin, The Last Day’
- Social News In Brief 15/5
- Blackwater founder Erik Prince cut a lucrative deal with Chinese insiders. But is it against US interests?
- Hai Phong marks Vietnam-Singapore diplomatic ties
- Social News 16/4
- Government News 18/11
Vietnamese Defense Ministry sends congratulation to Lao Embassy on National Day have 620 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 19, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.