Vientiane (VNA) – The Consulate General of Vietnam in Laos's Luang Prabang province has coordinated with eight northern Lao provinces to organise a ceremony reviewing the Vietnam-Laos and Laos-Vietnam Year of Friendship 2022.
Addressing the November 30 ceremony, Consul General Kieu Thi Hang Phuc said in both nations, the year is bustling with activities across all levels in many fields of politics-diplomacy, defence-security, economy, and culture.
She said political, diplomatic cooperation has been strengthened, consolidating the nations' great friendship, special solidarity and comprehensive cooperation.
According to her, the defence-security between northern Lao provinces and Vietnamese border provinces like Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Son La, and a number of military regions have been well maintained via joint patrols, experience exchange sessions, human resources training, and martyrs' remains search and repatriation.
The diplomat also took note of progress made in the bilateral joint works in economy, culture, health, and sci-technology, with many cooperation pacts signed to facilitate trade and investment.
On behalf of the Lao localities, Governor of Oudomxay Bounkhong Lachiemphone noted that in 2022, the eight provinces and their Vietnam’s sister and cooperative provinces have exchanged many high-level delegations to visit, work, sign cooperation documents, and attend important political events. The two sides also exchanged cooperation lessons in all fields, he added.
Friendship activities in the year helped boost mutual understanding on the tradition, meaning, and importance of the countries' loyal and pure relations, the official stressed.
Such joint works need to be expanded in the time to come for capacity improvement of both sides and for their more effective cooperation, he said./.
- Vietnam, Laos sign cooperation agreement on human resources development
- Special art program strengthens Vietnam-Lao ties
- Vietnam, Laos foster cooperation in training political officers
- Vietnam - Laos special solidarity strengthened
- Border management – bright spot in Vietnam-Laos cooperation
- Vietnam, Laos to enhance cooperation in information exchange and theoretical and practical research
- Vietnam, Cuba boost cooperation, experience sharing in political, military works
- Young parliamentarians of Vietnam, Laos reinforce cooperation
- Senior Party official receives Special Advisor to Japan - Vietnam Parliamentary Friendship Alliance
- HCM City leader offers greetings on Lao National Day
- PM Pham Minh Chinh receives Lao Deputy PM, Foreign Minister
- Vietnamese, Lao, Cambodian PMs meet in Belgium
- Vientiane get-together marks founding anniversary of Vietnam People's Army
- Phu Tho province hands over anti-malaria centre to Lao locality
- Official: Vietnam fully supports Laos’ development
- Vietnam, Pakistan celebrate 50-year ties
- Vietnam-Cambodia relations deepened: Ambassador
- Ambassadors, diplomats experience pho at Tuoi Tre's event in northern Vietnamese province
- Forum seeks to remove difficulties for Vietnamese businesses in Laos
- HCMC leader highlights support for Lao investors
Vietnam-Laos friendship year experiences myriad activities across fields have 425 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 1, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.