HCM City (VNA) – With its advantages in regional connectivity and a big number of visitors, Ho Chi Minh City has been chosen by other cities and provinces to organise activities aiming to boost tourism development .
The People Committee of the northern mountainous province of Lai Chau has recently launched a culture-tourism week in HCM City, which featured traditional culture like "khen" (panpipe) of the Mong ethnic minority group, "dan tinh" (handmade gourd lutes) and "hat then" (then singing), and Xoe dance and "nhay sap" (dancing with bamboo poles) – unique art forms of the Thai people in Lai Chau.
The programme has contributed to promoting tourism cooperation between Lai Chau and the southern largest economic hub as well as other cities and provinces in the region, said Tong Thanh Hai, Standing Vice Chairman of the Lai Chau People's Committee.
Gia Lai province in the Central Highlands also organised a tourism promotion conference in HCM City, introducing its tourism services and products, covering eco-tourism.
In the first nine months of this year, the city recorded over 92.3 trillion VND (4 billion USD) in tourism revenues, up 15.5% from the yearly target. More than 2 million foreigners arrived in the city, or 60.3% of the initial plan.
The city has maintained connectivity with 13 cities and provinces in the Mekong Delta, southeastern, northwestern and northeastern regions, and the central key economic region.
Statistics showed that in the 2020-2022 period, the southeastern localities served over 73.53 million holidaymakers, earning 260.16 trillion VND (10.67 billion USD) in tourism revenues.
Deputy Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Doan Van Viet said the connectivity not only helps to diversify products but also promotes their uniqueness, suggesting localities and businesses effectively and pragmatically roll out the signed agreements and launch more attractive tourism programmes./.
- HCM City to host Asian-Pacific cities’ tourism promotion forum
- Changing the economics of tourism to benefit locals
- As Nashville tourism booms, is Music City Center collecting more tax revenue than it needs?
- Japan’s tourism boom is spreading economic benefits to rural areas: report
- Cable cars and zip wires over Swansea WILL be coming to the city
- Rwanda's Tourism Opportunities
- Dryland forest stewardship program supported by Hawaii Tourism Authority
- Tourism seen spurring infra, boosting livelihoods
- Connectivity makes it happen
- Greek capital reaps three awards at tourism’s ‘Oscars’
- The Sultan who has secretly been ploughing millions into Cardiff City
- New food and tourism body for region
- Tourism push
- Development Bank partners with Renu Medi Spa to promote medical tourism
- New London Transient Docking Expected to Help Southeastern Connecticut Tourism
- Galle to become South Asian hub of Tourism – PM
- How North Lincolnshire could benefit from Heathrow expansion
- City To Get Underground Fish Aquarium, Aqua Park ‘Soon’
- Will additional train service hurt Burlington tourism?
- Work to start on new £58m City Hub campus for Nottingham College
Tourism connectivity benefits HCM City, other localities have 463 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 5, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.