Japanese auto part maker Yazaki EDS Vietnam wants 500 workers, Vietnamese food producer LC Foods wants 200 and South Korean garment firm ASG Vina wants 100, Luu The Thuan, head of the province Confederation of Labor's propaganda department, said Monday.
Pham Thi Tuyet Nhung, chairwoman of the Yazaki trade union, said the company's plants in some other countries have been hit hard by Covid and so the Vietnam factory has recently received a lot of orders.
The company, which produces electrical wires used in automobiles, is offering new workers a basic monthly salary of VND5.13 million (US$214) and a total monthly income of around VND8 million, she said.
Thuan said the confederation has introduced job seekers to nearly 40 companies, and vacancies could be found on its website at congdoanbinhduong.org.vn and Facebook page.
Its officials have also distributed notices about job vacancies at boarding houses where migrant workers live. Some of the latter have been laid off or underemployed in the last two months.
But the situation has been far from good on the employment front. According to provincial authorities, since July over 37,700 workers in the province have been furloughed.
Many wood, footwear and garment factories are operating well below capacity , some even working only every other day, and are telling workers to have days off in turns.
Some 240,000 employees were affected.
Many companies also plan to give workers Tet (Lunar New Year) holidays from as early as December though it only falls at the end of January.
- Hyundai suspends factory production after worker tests positive for coronavirus
- Textile factories shift production from clothes to masks
- Factories hit by coronavirus lockdown in northern Vietnam province
- Some Hyundai workers self-quarantine as Korea Inc braces for virus impact
- Hyundai suspends work at South Korean factory for COVID-19 infection
- Migrant factory worker flees with Ludhiana industrialist’s ₹4 lakh
- Health worker at Hertfordshire cancer clinic is among 13 latest coronavirus cases in UK as total rises to 36: Race is on to track down sufferers who may NOT know they are infected and PM warns outbreak poses 'significant challenge’
- Wood-processing factories face fire risks during dry season
- Woman dies after coming into contact with a Sydney aged-care worker who was infected with coronavirus amid fears she may have exposed dozens of people to COVID-19
- Masterminds behind the 'largest illegal tobacco factory' ever found in the UK which produced 140 packs of cigarettes a MINUTE have been jailed for a total of 30 years
- Who dies in the Coronation Street factory roof collapse, who gets out alive and who is responsible?
- Hosiery factory gutted in Meharban, no casualty
- 10 engines per week: Indian Railways' Chittaranjan Locomotive factory resets world record
- Kangaroo Island Southern Ocean Lodge workers sheltered in bunker to survive catastrophic Ravine bushfire
- China's factories just had a historically terrible month because of the coronavirus
- Southern industrial land prices surge amid dwindling supply
- Up to ONE HUNDRED health workers were exposed to the 'unknown origin' coronavirus patient who took four DAYS to diagnose - as it's revealed she came into contact with three students who are now in self-quarantine
- Black Google worker tries to break stereotypes in photo project
- Sex workers seek ‘unorganised sector’ tag
- NSW Police seek extradition of Colombian man over murder of Sydney woman Kimberley McRae
Southern factories seek 9,000 workers have 527 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at December 7, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.