During a reception in Seoul on December 6 for executives of leading RoK groups, President Nguyen Xuan Phuc said as Vietnam already signed new-generation free trade agreements, Korean enterprises will have a chance to access ASEAN, Asia-Pacific and other markets, in addition to the 100-million-strong Vietnamese market.
He suggested they invest in Vietnam's localities in fields of their strength, high technology and environment protection.
Chairman of Hyosung Group Cho Huyn-joon said his group has invested in all the three regions of the country with a total capital of 3.5 billion USD in apparel and industrial establishments, generating jobs to 10,000 workers. Hyosung wants to invest more in Vietnam in potential fields like environment and green growth, he noted.
The Vietnamese leader suggested Hyosung double investment in Vietnam, adding that Vietnam is keen on attracting investment in industry and environment to provide stable sources of input materials for Korean factories.
Meeting Chairman and CEO of the Korea Development Bank (KDB) Kang Seog-hoo, President Nguyen Xuan Phuc spoke highly of KDB's good will to engage in finance-banking activities in Vietnam. He asked the lender to continue helping Korean firms successfully do business in Vietnam, especially in green finance and sustainability with a focus on green bond market under the national strategy on green growth for 2021-2030.
The Vietnamese leader also welcomed KDB's proposal to work with the Vietnamese Finance Ministry to build a sustainable development plan for the Vietnam Development Bank.
Kang, for his part, said KDB has been instrumental in the RoK’s development in the fields of automobile, shipbuilding, chemicals and heavy industry. It wants to share experience with Vietnam and offers capital to Korean firms to invest in fields of Vietnam's priority such as green development, environment and clean energy.
KDB is also exploring the possibility of launching new financial products and services in Vietnam, he added.
- State President pays Tet visit to Vietnam Buddhist Sangha leader
- India's G20 Presidency: Infrastructure Working Group Meet in Pune
- Adani Group Invests In Azerbaijan’s Petrochem And Mining
- Speaker of RoK National Assembly concludes official visit to Vietnam
- Vietnam in 2023 - time to take off
- Trade between Vietnam and Korea surges by $9 billion
- Mixed feelings about Vietnam’s economy next year
- Vietnam’s tourism forecast to strongly rebound in five years
- Equitable healthcare access and reducing disparities under India’s G20 Presidency: MoS Pawar
- Vietnamese, RoK top legislators hold talks
- Vietnam always views RoK as important, long-term strategic partner: PM
- Vietnam - important partner of RoK: Korean broadcaster
- Vietnam, RoK target US$150 billion trade turnover by 2030
- Indonesia, RoK look to step up economic cooperation
- RoK’s parliament speaker visits Ninh Binh
- Support activities for Vietnamese workers in the RoK implemented
- Vietnam attracts 1.69 billion USD in foreign investment in January
- Vietnam’s FDI projected to reap up to 38 bln USD in 2023
- Vietnam’s national leadership struggle will impact ASEAN
- As Southeast Asia Emerges As A Capital Markets Contender, Vietnam Primes Growing Digital Companies For Global IPO Market
President hopes RoK groups to invest more in Vietnam have 484 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at December 8, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.