Speaking at a working session with VRC representatives, President Nguyen Xuan Phuc, who is also VRC Honorary President, said VRC members should be the pioneers in humanitarian activities.
He urged the VRC to consolidate its operational apparatus from the central to grassroots levels, carry forward its strength, and propose policies and mechanisms to raise its operational efficiency.
The financial management must be tightened, transparent and scientific in line with legal regulations, he stressed.
The leader also asked ministries, agencies and localities to facilitate humanitarian activities launched by the association.
Regarding the organization of the Asia-Pacific Red Cross and Red Crescent conference 2023, he requested the VRC to make thorough preparations to promote its international position and mobilize international resources for domestic humanitarian activities and projects on environment, climate change, and livelihood for the poor and other disadvantaged groups.
The leader noted his support for the organization of an annual meeting of honorary presidents of red cross societies in cities and provinces in November.
VRC Chairwoman Bui Thi Hoa reported that after the 11th National Congress of the VRC for the 2022-2027 tenure last August, the association has mobilized social resources in support of its Lao counterpart with funding of 180 billion VND (7.3 million USD), and residents affected by floods in Vietnam's central provinces with over 45 billion VND.
The association aims to help 1 million poor people and those in difficult circumstances with total funding of 600 billion VND on the occasion of the 2023 Tet holiday, she noted.
- Hanoi Red Cross launches campaign calling for more organ donations
- Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin will enlist the help of legacy aerospace companies like Lockheed Martin to help build its lunar lander
- Apple Enables Hurricane Sandy Red Cross Donations in iTunes
- App Store Shatters Records on New Year’s Day
- P2P companies ask high court for help
- PM attends ceremony recognising new-style rural areas in Binh Dinh
- President launches spring festival in ethnic cultural village
- Leader calls on whole society to support disadvantaged
- NHS faces even worse winter crisis than last year, watchdog warns
- Why Your Team Sucks 2017: New York Jets
- Security, freedom – and an inside loo: 100 years of council housing
- Organizations, individuals honored for contributions to Fund for the Poor
- Australia asked New Zealand to keep refugee offer on table, documents show
- Jerry Falwell Jr. asks FBI to investigate 'criminal conspiracy' at Liberty University
- Tobacco tax hike could help protect mothers, children
- Homeless denied social housing for being too poor, study says
- Is the new Land Rover Defender a 'glorious' 4x4 reinvention or a 'yummy mummy wagon'? Fans divided after launch in Germany as critics claim it's more suited the school run than Paris-Dakar
- Food poverty is an attack on society
- The link between stress and depression … and the 10 simple words that could help
- St. Teresa Hostel helps ethnic Central Highlanders preserve culture
President asks Red Cross society to help the poor enjoy lunar New Year have 452 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 2, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.