IHG Hotels & Resorts has launched a partnership with VietHarvest to reduce food waste and feed communities most in need in Viet Nam.
The organisations have joined forces to tackle the key issue of surplus food, educate communities on food security and sustainability, and provide meals for the underserved in Viet Nam.
By supporting VietHarvest's Food Rescue programme, IHG will prevent food from hotels going to waste and use it to feed a range of communities via a charity network starting in the Ha Noi area.
This commitment will grow throughout its properties in Viet Nam, where it has 15 open hotels and 22 in a growing pipeline.
IHG has also pledged funds to enable VietHarvest to expand logistics and operational support in Ha Noi, scale up food rescue and its charitable operations, and enable it to deliver more than 10,000 meals to underserved communities.
This working relationship is an extension of a successful ongoing partnership between IHG and OzHarvest in Australia, which was formed in 2019.
"Throughout our 6,000 hotels, everyone at IHG is committed to our 10-year responsible business plan, 'Journey to Tomorrow', which we're delivering through a series of ambitious commitments to make a positive difference for our people, communities and planet by 2030,” said Rajit Sukumaran, managing director, IHG Hotels & Resorts, South East Asia and Korea.
“However, we can't do that alone, and our new partnership with VietHarvest will help us in two important areas – improving the lives of 30 million people in our communities around the world, and transforming to a minimal-waste hospitality industry."
Launched by IHG in 2021, 'Journey to Tomorrow' is a 10-year responsible business plan committed to bringing change to people, communities and the planet, aligned to its purpose of true hospitality for good and the 17 sustainable development goals of the United Nations. — VNS
- Fortnite v6.30 patch: Food Fight LTM, Mounted Turret and Last Word Revolver, Glider Redeploy disabled
- Rainbow Six Siege Burnt Horizon release date, new operators, Australia map, MMR Roll Back
- Fortnite Update Nerfs Mounted Turret; Full Patch Notes Include Food Fight Mode And More
- Dell recycles two billion pounds of e-waste two years ahead of schedule
- The Best Frozen Foods To Cook In Your Air Fryer, And How To Cook Them
- Fortnite Patch Notes (6.30 Update, Plus New Hotfix): Mounted Turret, Food Fight Mode, And More
- Fortnite Patch Notes (New 6.30 Update): Mounted Turret, Food Fight Mode, And More
- Rainbow Six Siege gains Year 2 momentum with mid-season patch, but the gulf between its Operators has widened
- The best Rainbow Six Siege Operators for beginners
- Which Rainbow Six Siege operators are best?
- Fallout 76 Builds and Archetypes Guide
- Andrea Leadsom promises Brexit bonfire of regulation for farmers
- PS5 new power saving feature to cut console price, says analysts
- Civ 6 strategy guide: beginner tips and early game walkthrough
- Fallout 76 beginner’s guide
- We've got five codes for Stronghold Crusader 2's Special Edition. Would you like one?
- Fallout 76 tips and tricks: how to get the most out of the Fallout 76 beta
- Resident Evil 7 walkthrough: Nightmare, Ethan must die and Jack’s 55th birthday
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Walkthrough
- Resistance 3 Walkthrough Primer Guide
IHG and VietHarvest co-operate to reduce food waste have 527 words, post on bizhub.vn at December 6, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.