The day is also the birth anniversary of late King Bhumibol Adulyadej and the Father's Day of Thailand.
Thai Consul General Wiraka Moodhitaporn said cultural and social relations, especially at the people-to-people level, form a stepping stone for cooperation between Thailand and Vietnam.
She noted mutual understanding and cohesion between the two peoples will create favorable conditions for promoting bilateral trade, investment, and business ties to help raise bilateral trade to 25 billion USD as targeted by the countries' leaders.
The Thai Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City will continue stepping up people-to-people connectivity, she went on, adding that it is ready to strengthen all-round cooperation with HUFO, the Vietnam – Thailand Friendship Association, the city's liaison board for Vietnamese expatriates in Laos and Thailand, and the Vietnam – ASEAN Friendship Association in Ho Chi Minh City to promote bilateral friendship for the sake of common interests.
Dinh Khac Duy, Chairman of the Vietnam – Thailand Friendship Association in Ho Chi Minh City, highlighted the two countries' flourishing relations in all aspects, especially politics, security, defence, economy, and trade.
During his visit to Thailand and attendance in the 29th APEC Economic Leaders' Meeting in November, President Nguyen Xuan Phuc affirmed that Vietnam always attaches importance to augmenting the strategic partnership with Thailand, Chairman Dinh Khac Duy said.
Bilateral trade increased 18% from 2020 to 18.8 billion USD in 2021 and stood at 16.1 billion USD in the first nine months of 2022, up 17.2% year on year.
He added that over the past years, his association has worked with the Thai Consulate General and the Thai Business Association in Ho Chi Minh City to effectively organize many people-to-people exchanges, including granting scholarships for disadvantaged students.
So far, the Vietnam – Thailand scholarship fund has granted over 580 scholarships totalling 750 million VND (31,200 USD) to students in Ho Chi Minh City.
At the gathering, the Thai Consulate General, through the Vietnam – Thailand Friendship Association in Ho Chi Minh City, presented 20 scholarships to students of the Thai language faculty of the Ho Chi Minh City University of Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Mexican Food Week fest to serve up food lovers in Ho Chi Minh City
- Buddhists congregate at Ho Chi Minh City pagodas to mark Buddha’s Birthday
- 'Quán’: A secret superhero of ‘real’ fast food in Ho Chi Minh City
- Football fans flood Ho Chi Minh City pedestrian street to celebrate semifinal victory
- Hundreds run to raise fund for children with cancer in Ho Chi Minh City
- Automechanika Ho Chi Minh City comes back after two years
- Ho Chi Minh City intl’ school submits report on student fighting
- Long queues at Ho Chi Minh City stadium ahead of Vietnam’s friendly with Afghanistan
- Ho Chi Minh City proposes to open casinos
- Festival featuring southern Vietnamese fruits, traditional cakes kicks off in Ho Chi Minh City
- The nightmare of owning a house in Ho Chi Minh City
- Historic roundabout ready for restoration in downtown Ho Chi Minh City
- Shopping malls, supermarkets bustling despite rainy weekend in Ho Chi Minh City
- Tree branches fall, billboards fly during squally night in Ho Chi Minh City
- Lao leaders appreciate Ho Chi Minh City-Vientiane cooperation
- Ho Chi Minh City police capture man who robbed gold shop with hammer
- Education ministry requests handling of violence at intl’ school in Ho Chi Minh City
- Belgium cueist triumphs at UMB Ho Chi Minh City World Cup
- Dengue fever, hand-foot-mouth cases on the rise in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City residents voluntarily hand over wild animals to rangers
Ho Chi Minh City gathering celebrates 95th National Day of Thailand have 569 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 13, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.