Hanoi (VNA) – French Senate President Gérard Larcher attended a ceremony in Hanoi on December 8 to inaugurate the new headquarters of the French Institute in Vietnam , as part of his ongoing official visit to the Southeast Asian country.
Gérard Larcher said that the institute serves a pillar in the culture exchange between France and Vietnam, through the organisation of events in all fields, from cinematography to music, from performing arts to visual arts, and heritage.
The inauguration marks a new start for the institute’s activities, opens up opportunities for the institute in relations with Vietnamese partners, and strengthens links and cultural and linguistic exchanges, he added.
Vietnamese Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Nguyen Van Hung said that this event marks a new development of the institute after 18 years operating in Vietnam, and part of a ceremony to kick-start events in celebration of the 50th anniversary of bilateral diplomatic ties in 2023, co-chaired by Gérard Larcher and his Vietnamese counterpart Vuong Dinh Hue earlier the same day.
He expressed his belief that in the coming time, the Vietnam Cultural Centre in France and the French Institute in Vietnam will continue to promote the achieved results and act as a bridge connecting the two peoples and bringing them closer together, thus contributing to promoting the Vietnam – France strategic partnership./.
- French self-esteem hit after Pasteur Institute abandons Covid vaccine
- VIETNAM NEWS FEBRUARY 7
- French films screened free online during Tet holiday
- Presidents should avoid 'great' — for their own good and the nation's
- A Historic Inauguration for a Promising Cooperation. Welcome Back America | Opinion
- Vietnamese, French performers team up to bring “Kieu Story” to opera
- The undoing of Donald Trump's presidency
- Mekong Delta: A 35-year miracle change of Vietnam’s rice bowl
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 27
- VIETNAM NEWS FEBRUARY 5
- Biden's Cabinet gradually confirmed by Senate
- Replacing Justice Ginsburg could depend on Arizona's next senator
- Historic moment Kamala Harris shatters glass ceiling to become first female Vice President
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 26
- Senate panel advances Biden's pick for United Nations ambassador
- Maduike, Onwe, Onwuka others inaugurated as Trustees of IRUKA Centre by Alex Ekwueme Varsity
- French films screened free online during Tết
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 29
- World Atlas affirms Vietnam’s sovereignty over Hoang Sa, Truong Sa archipelagos
- Vietnam attends APF General Assembly
French Senate President inaugurates headquarters of French Institute in Vietnam have 377 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 8, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.