Tel Aviv (VNA) – The 30th anniversary of the Vietnam-Israel diplomatic relations in 2023 opens the door for the Vietnamese Embassy in the Western Asian nation to step up economic-diplomacy-related activities, especially promoting the early approval of a bilateral free trade agreement, affirmed Ambassador Ly Duc Trung.
Making his remarks at an interview with the Vietnam New Agency, the diplomat stated Vietnamese Party and State leaders strongly support and facilitate the steady development of the countries' trade and economic relations, including the coming into being of the Vietnam – Israel Free Trade Agreement (VIFTA), labour cooperation in agriculture, collaboration in innovation and entrepreneurship, and exchange of collective economic models and measures in response to epidemics.
The Vietnamese community in Israel is about 500, not to mention hundreds of students who come here every year to practice and be trained under the agricultural trainee cooperation programme. Trung said he believes that the expatriates play a very important role in promoting the bilateral economic and trade ties.
According to the ambassador, Vietnam's economic diplomacy with Israel has many advantages, as the sides have developed official diplomatic relations for 29 years. Israeli people are fond of Vietnam, while Vietnamese admire their Israeli peers for their outstanding achievements in scientific research, innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Vietnam-Israel trade grows about 30% on an annual basis and is expected to reach approximately 2.2 billion USD this year. Therefore, the embassy is striving to bring the figure to about 3 billion USD as soon as possible.
In early 2023, Vietnam and Israel will embark on the final round of negotiations for the VIFTA. Both sides hope to complete the discussions of all contents over the past 11 years so that they can sign and implement the agreement as soon as possible, bringing practical mutual benefits.
Trung said the embassy, moreover, will continue to work with Israeli associations and ministries to remove bottlenecks related to negotiating a labour cooperation agreement in the agricultural sector, in order to open up the potential market in the future./.
- Vietnam, Czech Republic mark 70th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- Israel praises Guatemala over decision to move embassy to Jerusalem
- Israel's Gantz, Netanyahu rival, says will meet Trump on peace plan
- Israel Tries to Lead Peace Process Into 'Dark Tunnel' - Palestinian Ambassador
- Trump unveils Mideast plan favorable to Israel, angering Palestinians
- Activities launched to mark 25 years of Vietnam-US diplomatic ties
- People-to-people diplomacy helps strengthen Vietnam-Czech friendship
- Trump has 'every intention' of recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital
- Gaza, Israel, and the loss of American influence
- What we Palestinians think does not matter – all that matters is Israel
- China virus toll rises to 170 as fear grows over global economic hit
- Donald Trump to release long-awaited Middle East peace plan within days - and invites Israel's Benjamin Netanhyahu and deadly rival Benny Gantz to D.C. saying he thinks he can make 'the hardest of all deals'
- Confident Vietnam in 2020: FM spokeswoman
- Trump's "Peace" Plan Risks Setting Fire to Israel, Palestine—and International Legal Order As We Know It | Opinion
- N. Korean Defectors Detained in Vietnam Seek Seoul's Help With Asylum
- Vietnam, US seek to build bright future partnership
- PM Phuc hosts Swedish and French ambassadors
- Harsh Vardhan Shringla takes charge as new foreign secretary
- An Israeli-Palestinian peace plan without the Palestinians?
- Trump’s Middle East peace plan will be historic: Netanyahu
Embassy works to fortify Vietnam-Israel economic diplomacy have 544 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 6, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.