The Cuban guest is paying an official visit to Vietnam and about to participate in the Vietnam International Defense Expo 2022 until December 12.
At the meeting, Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Tan Cuong stressed that the special relations between Vietnam and Cuba built by Presidents Ho Chi Minh and Fidel Castro is always respected, fostered and developed by generations of party and state leaders, people and militaries of the two countries and has become a symbolic exemplary relationship of the era.
The Vietnamese general confirmed that Vietnam never forgets the wholehearted support from Cuban party, government, people, military in its revolutionary and national construction cause. Vietnam treasures and deeply thanks the Cuban people for their sentiments and precious assistance to Vietnamese people in the fight against COVID-19.
The host recalled his deep impression during the visit of the high-ranking Vietnamese military delegation, led by then Minister of National Defense General Ngo Xuan Lich to Cuban in 2016 and highly praised the guest's official visit to Vietnam and acceptance to take part in the first ever international defense expo organized by the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense this month.
Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Tan Cuong expressed his delight at the outcomes of the talks between the delegation of the General Department of Political Affairs of the Vietnam People's Army and its Cuban counterpart. He underlined that the Memorandum of Understanding signed by the two delegations at the talks would be an important foundation to protect each country's revolutionary achievements in socialist building.
The chief of the General Staff highlighted the continuous consolidation and development of the bilateral defense ties in the context of the fine relationship between Vietnam and Cuba, saying that it has become a pillar and an example to boost cooperation in other fields. He praised the effective cooperation in the fields that both sides have needs and benefits despite great impacts of COVID-19. Attentively, on the basis of the agreement on defense cooperation development signed in 2022, and the plan on defense cooperation in the 2020-2022 period, the bilateral defense cooperation has developed in an intensive, practical and effective manner, showing high political trust, enhancing the two militaries' resources and strengths.
The Vietnamese official suggested the two sides continue to effectively carry out cooperation contents on the basis of signed documents and agreements with priority given to fields of each side's demand and ability. He also suggested both sides put forth the building and signing of new cooperation documents and agreements, particularly the 2023-2025 cooperation plan, to orient their cooperation in the coming time.
He emphasized that the General Staff of the Vietnam People's Army will create maximum conditions for and direct its affiliated agencies and units to realize reached contents substantively and effectively.
For his part, two-star General Víctor Rojo Ramos thanked the host for a solemn and thoughtful reception and for the 'warm' comradeship and brotherhood paid for him and Cuban delegation amid the cold winter in Hanoi.
He expressed thanks and highly appreciated the great support from the Vietnamese party, state, government, and military for Cuba during its national building and protection cause and the sharing with the Cuban revolutionary armed forces in performing its duties.
On this occasion, Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Tan Cuong thanked and highly praised the upcoming handover of Cuban State's noble orders to Vietnamese officers during the Cuban delegation's visit to Vietnam. This shows the deep affection and closeness between the two militaries.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Defense leader works with Saigon Newport Corporation
- Defense leader offers incenses and flowers at Dak To district war cemetery
- Trouble May Be Ahead For Top U.S. Sub Builder, General Dynamics’ Electric Boat
- General Dynamics Shipyard Boss Leaves As Workers Get Up To 39% Pay Boost
- Biden Names Ex-Congresswoman Accused of Insulting Cubans a Summit of the Americas Adviser
- Twitter adopts 'poison pill' defense in Musk takeover bid
- Defense Minister visits Army Officer Candidate School No.2
- International integration and defense diplomacy contribute to national construction and development
- International integration and defense relations work reviewed
- Military Region 5 asked to build on whole people’s defense
- US defense secretary being regularly briefed on any potential Russian nuclear moves
- Gaetz Grills Defense Secretary Wbout Wokeism in Fiery Exchange
- US approves $95 million sale of missile defense support to Taiwan
- Defense ministers of Vietnam, China hold talks on boosting friendship, cooperation
- Australian leader sets general election for May 21
- Generals vs. Stallions prediction, odds, spread: 2022 USFL picks, Week 1 bets by expert who went 16-4 on XFL
- Google’s $5.4 Billion Acquisition Of Cybersecurity Firm Mandiant Comes As Tech Leaders Brace For Escalating Digital Threats
- Congress Leaders To Participate In 'Chintan Shivir' To Brainstorm On Electoral Defeat
- Party leader welcomes Speaker of Indian lower house
- Report: Biden Admin to Discuss with Cuba Blocking Cuban Refugees
Defense leader hosts Cuban general have 790 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 14, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.