The index closed 13.49 points lower after gaining 7.29 points on Friday. It has dropped 37% since earlier this year.
Trading on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE) fell by 14% to VND9.45 trillion ($382.05 million).
The VN-30 basket, comprising the 30 largest capped stocks, saw 20 tickers dropped.
GVR of Vietnam Rubber Group, NVL of real estate developer Novaland Group and PDR of Phat Dat Real Estate Development hit floor price with a 7% decline.
MWG of electronics retail chain Mobile World lost 5.5%, and MBB of lender MB fell 5%.
Other major decliners were VPB of private lender VPBank, BVH of insurance company Bao Viet Holdings and POW of electricity producer Petrovietnam Power Corporation.
Ten blue chips gained, led by SAB of brewer Sabeco with a 3.8% rise.
It was followed by MSN of conglomerate Masan Group, up 3%, and STB of Ho Chi Minh City-based lender Sacombank, up 1.6%.
Foreign investors were net buyers to the tune of VND1.69 trillion, mainly buying STB of Ho Chi Minh City-based lender Sacombank, HPG of steelmaker Hoa Phat Group and SSI of leading brokerage SSI Securities Corporation.
The HNX-Index at the Hanoi Stock Exchange, where mid and small caps list, was down 3.35% while the UPCoM-Index at the Unlisted Public Companies Market was down by 2.64%.
- VN-Index hits new peak
- VN-Index hits new peak on strong cash flow
- VN-Index sets a new high on strong growth of blue chips
- VN-Index heading toward strong resistance level of 1,400 points this week: experts
- Vn-Index predicted to hit 1.500-mark in H2
- VN-Index falls along with most blue chips
- Securities, bank stocks underpin VN-Index uptrend
- Strong demand saves VN-Index from steep fall
- Concerns over record-breaking market rise
- Local stocks advance, main index sets new high
- Securities firms optimistic but warn of short-term corrections
- More opportunities than risks on the stock market: expert
- Shares bounce back on strong growth of securities group
- VN to develop eco-friendly construction materials
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 1
- Small, medium stocks attract cash flow
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JUNE 22
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JUNE 21
- Local stocks experience gloomy trading day
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JUNE 29
VN-Index hits another bottom have 321 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 14, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.