Vietnam’s electric vehicle maker VinFast on Friday shipped their first batch of 999 cars to the United States.
VinFast ships their first batch of 999 cars to the United States on November 25.
The cars were sent from MPC Port in the northern city of Hai Phong and are expected to arrive in California Port and be handed over to the first US customers by the end of December, the company said.
Speaking at the event this morning, vice chairman and CEO of Vingroup, Nguyen Viet Quang, said that this was a historic milestone for Vingroup as well as Vietnam's car industry, underlining how Vietnamese hi-tech products could compete in the world market.
“This was the first batch of 65,000 VinFast VF 8 and VF 9 cars to be exported globally,” Quang said. “The next batches will be sent to Europe next year.”
The company is currently offering subscriptions for Teslas and is planning to add models from several brands such as Rivian, Kia, Mercedes Benz, and VinFast according to its website.
Attending the event, PM Pham Minh Chinh called this an important and meaningful turning point as the first made-in-Vietnam vehicles joined the global market.
PM Pham Minh Chinh speaks at the event
“We're proud of this,” the PM said. “VinGroup and VinFast have made it from zero and surprised the car industry inside and outside the country. Their vehicles have received praise from customers. The government will continue to support and encourage firms to integrate into the international market and contribute to the industrialisation and modernisation of the country.”
- Trump: Electric Truck Maker to Buy GM's Lordstown Assembly
- Majority of Americans Think Electric Vehicles Are The Future
- Ford: Battery Electric Vehicles, $900 Million Coming to Flat Rock Assembly
- VW Bought Enough Batteries To Build 50 Million Electric Vehicles
- Infiniti's Electric Vehicles Will Have A Range Of At Least 311 Miles
- GM Looking to Invest in Electric Pickup Maker Rivian: Report
- Electric Vehicles To Get Cheaper in India as Govt Lowers Import Duty
- Jaguar Land Rover Invests In Electric Motorcycle Maker Arc
- EY Reports Forecasts Formula E To Contribute To Substantial Sales Increase In Electric Vehicles
- GAC Motor’s First European Model To Be Most Likely An Electric Vehicle
- Top 4 Things You Need to Know About the Mercedes-Benz EQC Electric Vehicle
- The More You Know: There Are at Least 487 Electric Vehicle Manufacturers in China Right Now
- Owning An Electric Vehicle: What You Need To Know
- Market Report: Electric vehicles in the used market
- China's Evergrande Wants To Be World's Largest Electric Vehicle Group
- China's Electric Vehicle Startup Bubble Could Soon Burst
- Have Automakers Grossly Miscalculated Electric Vehicle Demand?
- Toyota Establishes Dedicated Electric Vehicle Division
- First Look: Every Upcoming Small VW Electric Vehicle
- Mercedes EQC To Be Followed By Nine More Electric Vehicles Until 2022
Vietnamese electric vehicle maker ships first products to US have 442 words, post on dtinews.vn at November 25, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.