Leading a delegation to the Lao Foreign Ministry and Lao People's Revolutionary Party (LPRP) Central Committee's Commission for External Relations in Vientiane on November 28 on the occasion of the 47th National Day of Laos (December 2, 1975), Ambassador Nguyen Ba Hung stressed that under the sound leadership of the LPRP, Laos has maintained stable political security, social safety and order, and economic growth with improving people's lives and increasingly higher position in the region and the world.
Such achievements are partly attributed by the Lao Foreign Ministry and the commission, he said.
He added that the two countries have worked closely together to realize cooperation agreements this year. Meanwhile, commitments reached at the 44th meeting of the Vietnam-Laos Inter-Governmental Committee have developed bilateral ties in an intensive, substantive and effective manner, evidenced by the regular exchange of delegations at all levels, activities during the Vietnam-Laos Solidarity and Friendship Year 2022 and progress seen in strategic joint projects. Two-way trade this year is estimated at 1.63 billion USD, up nearly 20% from last year.
On the occasion, Ambassador Nguyen Ba Hung thanked the ministry and commission for offering effective support to the Vietnamese embassy to fulfill its tasks assigned by the Vietnamese Party and State.
He wished that the two sides will continue with joint work for important bilateral activities in the near future.
Lao Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Saleumsay Kommasith and head of the commission Thongsavanh Phomvihane affirmed that Laos' achievements could not be made without help of the world friends, especially the fraternal Vietnamese Party, State, military and people.
The Party, State and people of Laos always remember and thank the Vietnamese counterparts for their sincere, timely, great and invaluable support to Laos during years of struggle for national liberation as well as in the current national construction and development, they said.
They also committed to preserving and fostering this special relationship, which was described as “unique in this world.”
The hosts also affirmed that the two countries’ organization of a series of events to celebrate the Laos-Vietnam Solidarity and Friendship Year 2022 has not only demonstrated the special relationship between the two parties, states and peoples but also helped their people, especially young generations, better understand bilateral ties, thereby continuing to develop this special relationship.
They pledged to keep working closely with the Vietnamese counterparts to well prepare for bilateral activities in the coming time, firstly the 45th meeting of the Vietnam-Laos Inter-Governmental Committee.
- Vietnamese Ambassador to India visits Frigate 016-Quang Trung on MILAN 2022 sidelines
- Vietnamese Ambassador presents credentials to Indonesian President
- Argentina’s southernmost province wants to enhance ties with Vietnamese localities
- Another 300 Vietnamese evacuated from Ukraine safely arrive home on flight from Poland
- Moscow’s trade with Vietnam rises 36 percent last year
- China, Laos, Cambodia vow to work closely with Vietnam at UN
- Vietnamese and Lao PMs co-chair 44th session of Intergovernmental Committee
- US returns ancient stone tools to Laos
- Laos government steps up road-building initiative in order to ease travel for its people
- Online exchange connects Vietnamese, Japanese youngsters
- First flight bringing home Vietnamese citizens evacuated from Ukraine arrives in Hà Nội
- First flight repatriating 287 Vietnamese from Ukraine arrives in Hanoi
- Vietnamese products expected to penetrate deeply into Japan’s retail system
- 300 more Vietnamese evacuated from Ukraine safely land in Hà Nội
- China, Laos, Cambodia vow to work closely with Vietnam at U.N.
- Vietnamese, Lao PMs witness signing of nine cooperation documents
- Lao logistics link a game changer for Lao economic development
- Vietnamese in Laos commemorate fallen soldiers in Gac Ma battle
- 'We see Vietnam as an increasingly important regional strategic partner': Australian Ambassador Mudie
- New US Ambassador: ‘Warm hearts of the Vietnamese people welcome me back’
Vietnamese ambassador congratulates Laos on 47-year achievements have 603 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 3, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.