The Prime Minister congratulated Uganda on its achievements in politics, socio-economic development, and disease prevention and control, and lauded the country's contribution at important multilateral mechanisms such as the United Nations, the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM), and the African Alliance.
He also briefed the guest on Vietnam's orientations and results in socio-economic recovery and development.
The leaders stressed that the two countries should closely coordinate to deepen their relations in a pragmatic and effective manner, saying the exchange of delegations, especially at the high level, would help enhance mutual understanding and political trust.
He suggested the two countries continue their mutual support at multilateral forums, especially at the time when Uganda assumes the NAM Chairmanship for 2023-2026.
To boost the economic ties, Vietnam and Uganda need to step up trade and investment promotion activities, thereby facilitating the penetration of goods into the East African market and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) as well, the PM continued.
The leader spoke highly of the initial results in the bilateral investment ties, especially in mining and construction with a total capital of nearly 40 million USD, and urged the two sides to intensify the sharing of information about investment capacity, environment and opportunities.
Agriculture should be a key cooperation area in order to contribute to ensuring food security in each nation, he said, suggesting stronger collaboration in education-training, information-communications, national defense and security and tourism, as well as partnerships in other spheres like oil and gas, health care, culture and sports.
For his part, Museveni expressed his impression on Vietnam's socio-economic achievements over the past time, and praised its role at multilateral forums, particularly the U.N.
The President noted his belief that Vietnam will successfully perform its membership at the U.N. Human Rights Council for 2023-2025, significantly contributing to peace and development and ensuring human rights.
Uganda always attaches importance to the good friendship with Vietnam, he said, sharing PM Chinh's views on cooperation orientations, with trade, investment and agriculture to be the core.
Host and guest agreed to create a legal framework for investment and trade activities through the negotiations and signing of free trade agreements, and those on double taxation avoidance.
They shared the view that disputes should be settled by peaceful measures in line with international law, thus ensuring security, safety and freedom of navigation and aviation.
- Vietnam's IT and finance catching South Korean attention
- Historic deal augurs trade renaissance
- Vietnam, Czech Republic seek to tap cooperation potential
- Patience deemed necessary for EU-Vietnam fog to clear
- Vietnam’s economic growth rate forecasted to slow to 4.8% in 2020
- Vietnam’s banking outlook changed to negative due to coronavirus: Moody’s
- New US ambassador to Vietnam hits the ground running
- Vietnam’s PM joins G20 emergency videoconference on COVID-19
- US announces $274m in aid to 64 countries, including Vietnam, to battle COVID-19
- Vietnam, Philippines discuss cooperation amid complicated COVID-19 pandemic
- Vietnam offers US$200,000 in medical aid to help Laos, Cambodia fight coronavirus
- Vietnam helps Laos, Cambodia combat COVID-19 epidemic
- Sino-India ties will emerge stronger, scale new heights after COVID-19 pandemic: China
- Have YOU had to cancel or postpone your nuptials? Experts reveal what to do if the coronavirus crisis has delayed your wedding, from prioritizing vendors to seeking out insurance
- Coach Park donates 5,000 USD to COVID-19 fight
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News – April 3
- COVID-19 to force millions of Southeast Asian labourers to lose jobs
- China's economic invasion of Africa
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 3
- Mastrangelo: Answers to Italy’s Complex Coronavirus Question
Vietnam, Uganda agree to prioritize trade, investment ties have 574 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 26, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.