The Lao diplomat is on a Vietnam visit to co-chair the 7th deputy ministerial-level political consultation with Vietnamese Deputy Foreign Minister Pham Quang Hieu.
At the reception, Minister Bui Thanh Son expressed his delight at the positive and effective development of the great friendship, special solidarity and comprehensive cooperation between Vietnam and Laos over the past time.
He highly valued the outcomes of the cooperation between the two foreign ministries, especially in maintaining regular high-level delegation exchange and bilateral cooperation mechanisms as well as organizing activities of the "Vietnam – Laos, Laos – Vietnam Solidarity and Friendship Year 2022," the 60th anniversary of Vietnam – Laos diplomatic ties and the 45th anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Amity and Cooperation between the two nations.
The Vietnamese foreign minister suggested that in the coming time, the two sides should continue to closely coordinate to effectively implement the cooperation agreement between the two foreign ministries for the 2021-2025 period and effectively promote the regular consultation mechanisms at ministerial and deputy-ministerial levels, encourage relevant agencies of the two ministries to strengthen information exchange and experience sharing, especially in strategic studies, economic diplomacy, border affairs, training, and so on.
He emphasized that in the context of complicated regional and global situations, the two sides need to strengthen coordination and support each other at international, regional and sub-regional forums.
For his part, Lao Deputy Foreign Minister Phoxay Khaykhamphithoun applauded achievements of Vietnam's socio-economic development, affirming that these are great motivation for the Lao national development. He also expressed his delight at seeing the great friendship, special solidarity, and comprehensive cooperation between the two countries is increasingly strengthened.
The Lao deputy foreign minister also agreed to accelerate collaboration to foster the bilateral relations in general and the cooperation between the two foreign ministries in particular, especially in economic diplomacy to implement the post-pandemic socio-economic recovery in each country.
The 7th Vietnam – Laos deputy ministerial-level political consultation took place on the same day under the co-chair of Vietnamese Deputy Foreign Minister Pham Quang Hieu and his Lao counterpart Phoxay Khaykhamphithoun.
Translated by Trung Thanh
- Obama's ASEAN summit ends with business, security pact
- At ASEAN summit, Obama calls for mutual prosperity
- Ho Chi Minh, president of North Vietnam, dies at 79 in 1969
- Casey Wasserman brings humility, business savvy to LA 2024 bid
- Vietnam opens new search areas for missing U.S. soldiers
- Vietnam War: A timeline of U.S. entanglement
- IOC commission praises 2024 bids as report shows higher support for Los Angeles than Paris
- New York City being mentioned as potential site for 2024 Olympic Games
- Boston selected as U.S. nominee for 2024 Summer Olympics
- Among Delawareans, Trump prompts support, criticism
- Service dogs help Vietnam veteran heal the hidden wounds of war
- Vietnam Vets Walk 300 Miles to White House, Urge Obama to Do Something About Sgt. Tahmooressi
- Obama nominates Yellen as Fed chair
- Drunken woman who fell off chair can sue Belmar cops
- CNN: 'Completely uncomfortable' with Brazile-Clinton campaign contacts
- Doña Ana GOP chair blames 'leftist protesters' after Virginia attack
- U of L chair wants Ramsey to leave on his own
- My Turn: Support our initiative to save ballot initiatives
- Unused time on Muni-meters can be used elsewhere, in bill supported by Bloomberg, Council Speaker Quinn
- Pat McAfee opens up: 'Failure is completely possible'
Vietnam to support Laos to complete ASEAN Chair 2024 have 528 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 3, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.